Sign in to follow this  
JSkorna

AS2004.5...

Thank you for the link! I am wondering what type of performance hit I can expect. I already run fs9.1 to the limit, 100% traffic, flying in the VC, almost maxed out sliders, I fear any more and it will be too much. Thanks again

Alex,We offer many options to reduce the FPS hit as much as possible. It may be that you will have no hit. We will work with you one-on-one, if need be, to get things right. Are we perfect? No, so let the troll have his say. Do we try our best every day? You bet, and we will continue to do so!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

>Thank you for the link! I am wondering what type of>performance hit I can expect. I already run fs9.1 to the>limit, 100% traffic, flying in the VCThis is a personal choice. If having 100% traffic is important to you it is ok, for me weather is infintely more important then traffic so I would take some preformance away from traffic and allocate it to weather. But if you are not willing to do that then perhaps weather is of secondary importance to you and therefore you might be happy with what you have now.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2, Omega 2.7.90 (4xAA 16xAF)

Guest bob

Hi DillonThanks for your assistance, do I un-click CPU0 or CPU1.I have the same G/card as you.thanksBob Wright

Guest bob

Cornish Peninsula? Is that where the Cornish Patsies come from?On the asumption you mean Pasties - yesBob Wright

Guest jnav

I am about to buy this product and I have not done so in the past because I think the overcast problem was not clear. In order to finally make up my mind the one thing I need is a definitive answer regarding this. Is the overcast issued finally resolve yes/or no.?. If it is overcast above is overcast under yes/or no?. For me this has been the worst problem with fs2004 since the beginning. No matter how fancy the clouds I would still prefer fs98 clouds with overcast than what we have now.Another question: I am still one of probably the few not to have updated yet to fs9.1; if buying now one must be updated first?.Thx and rgds Jorge.

Jnav as far as the overcast is concerned, I'm currently having a little issue with that myself. AS2004 (pre AS2004.5) overcast was not an issue. As long as you had the FSW updated clouds you could get an overcast. What is ultimately the problem in FS2k4 is it tries to optimize the visuals for performance. Thus if FS2k4 feels your system is running low on resources it adjusts the clouds to give you better performance (the default cloud .bmp files were large thus caused resource problems for most if not all systems)...In essence the overcast problem has been resolved to a certain extent. Depending on your system you may have to turn down some other features that would give your system enough resources where FS2k4 won't hold back displaying the clouds.I've had no problem with FS_Metero nor AS2004 displaying an overcast (above and below my aircraft), my system specs are below. I was able to fly out of an airport through the clouds and have an overcast condition below my aircraft. Now with this new version of AS2004.5 I haven't been able to see an overcast. I love how the clouds are rendered and have commented here on this thread that the update is awesome. I'm going to seek out bad weather and see if it's just bad choices I've made in where to fly. What I saw flying out of KORD last night was what appeared to be an overcast with rain and everything. The METAR report showed OVC for Chicago and thunderstorms. As I climbed out from the airport and crossed the haze layer I had clear skies with scattered clouds producing lightning. Rain was hitting my aircraft but I wasn't flying through any clouds. Yes there were clouds around me but they were scattered. It's almost like I was back to the default weather again, rain hitting the aircraft with no clouds in the area to produce that kind of downpour... I'm off to do some more testing as this is a letdown. I'd rather have the old version of AS2004 which gave me the right environment to produce occurrences like rain. If there was a downpour you can best believe clouds were present to produce rain, I had an overcast if that was reported in the METAR.... :-hmmm I don't take back anything I've said earlier, I do like what's been done with the update in general...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Hi,Thanks for your interest in our product! The FS update does not need to be installed, just be sure to use FSUIPC V3.40. Overcast Enhancement DOES STILL work. Attached are 2 live shots with OVC in the METAR at KLAN. The sky looked like this in all directions!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Hi Dillon,You can't get any overcast in 2004.5? First report of such... I just test flew a quick route last night as well and had overcast in all its glory. How did you note a problem? Were you directly over or within 2nm of a valid reporting station showing OVC? And OVC was still not there at the altitude specified? If so, that would be a big problem, but like I said no other reports so something else might be wrong. If you are not getting OVC when OUTSIDE 2nm of a reporting station, then this is normal, FS9 always interpolates as it sees fit. The conditions for any given station cannot be considered accurate for anything but the actual airport/station itself.Anyhow, please use our support forum and give some more information on this problem, maybe some screenshots, and I will investigate. Thank you!Just to note once more (so the impression is not that this is a serious problem that all users are experiencing): we have no other reports of this. Any actual problem has yet to be confirmed.

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest jnav

Thank you very much Dillon for you extensive and fair answer. This, for me, is the most important reason to decide whether I decide to buy a weather programm for fs2004 or not. I used to have Fsmeteo with previous fs versions but didn

Well Jnav I've done a few more flights tonight and I'm happy to report I've gotten a complete overcast. I did some flights out of Detroit (thunderstorm alley right now) and the sky looked wonderful. I don't know what was going on last night with my system... I guess It's better to be safe than sorry. I hope you get AS2004.5 and FSW clouds because you won't regret it... :-)

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest bobsk8

I just completed a flight from KCVG to KCLE. It was around sunset on the approach and the clouds and overcast along with the sunset effects were the best I have ever seen in any Simulator. Great work Active Sky!!!!!!