Sign in to follow this  
Daniel choen

Can shade replace Enb?

Hey folks,

I love the bloom effect and the darker nights that ENBSERIES brings, but at the same time I am getting some black screens with it. I heard about the small program "shade" and wondered if it can replace the bloom effect from enbseries.

another thing is the darker nights what can replace that?

any other injector like sweetfx for instance add to much color, make it terribly unrealistic.

any suggestion?

cheerio.

Never did get to grips with ENB but I do use Shade. In the beginning I 'woohoo'ed with the best of them but I'm damned if I can remember what FSX looked like before. What I'm trying to say is, what I see is normal, the ground looks normal, the clouds....you get my drift?

I must disable Shade and see if FSX is as awful as it's made out to be. Maybe it has a lot to do with the scenery you fly over.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

They do different things. Shade doesn't give you bloom effects and stuff like that. It enhances the shading from terrain. Like for example the shadow behind a mountain will be darker and more realistic looking. I highly recommend it.

It definitely has enhanced my experiences in and around mountains (especially now that I have MSE V2 States installed).  It is not as good as ENB though as ENB is a hack of a DirectX dll just like in SweetFX.  There are so many configurations you can do to Shade to enhance your immersion in FSX AND it does not crash FSX.  The cost of the product is exceptional and almost free.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks everyone! 

I have just installed it any flew over EDFH with aerosoft scenery, it looks great! one thing it is darkening the cockpit of my NGX, is that possible?

cheers.

...it looks great! one thing it is darkening the cockpit of my NGX, is that possible?

Yes, that is the downside of this tool.

Patric

What shade programs are you guys using?

I'm in Prepar3d but they should work

one thing it is darkening the cockpit of my NGX, is that possible?

It has an effect on ALL shadows, so also the ones in the VC. That's why I stopped using the add-on completely. I had to lower the settings so much in order to not having a too dark VC that I hardly noticed the effect in FSX itself anymore. If someone will ever find a trick to only change the groundshadows, I will use it again. ;)

What shade programs are you guys using?

I'm in Prepar3d but they should work

http://secure.simmarket.com/mogwaisoft-shade.phtml

It has an effect on ALL shadows, so also the ones in the VC. That's why I stopped using the add-on completely. I had to lower the settings so much in order to not having a too dark VC that I hardly noticed the effect in FSX itself anymore. If someone will ever find a trick to only change the groundshadows, I will use it again. ;)

Do I have to enable ground shadows on fsx settings on order to see it? or will it work without it?

Do I have to enable ground shadows on fsx settings on order to see it? or will it work without it?

No, I see I should have used another word. ;) You do not have to enable the (utterly worthless and crappy) object ground shadows. Shade works with the er... shadow system of FSX that's ALWAYS on and which you can't turn off. So the shadows you see on mountains etc. but also the 'shadows' you see in the VC (not being real shadows like you have in DX10 mode but the lightingsystem that makes the VC darker or lighter depending on your position). 

I have the feeling I could have said this all in one short sentence... ;)

No, I see I should have used another word. ;) You do not have to enable the (utterly worthless and crappy) object ground shadows. Shade works with the er... shadow system of FSX that's ALWAYS on and which you can't turn off. So the shadows you see on mountains etc. but also the 'shadows' you see in the VC (not being real shadows like you have in DX10 mode but the lightingsystem that makes the VC darker or lighter depending on your position). 

I have the feeling I could have said this all in one short sentence... ;)

Thanks Jeroen! cheers.