Sign in to follow this  
pirep2222

NGX Autoopilot

Hi

I tried installing FS Commander and since then the autopilot cannot maintain a heading set on the MCP

For some reason it always holds a heading 5 degrees to the left of what I command. I have tried uninstalling and then reinstalling both FSX and the NGX but it still does it. I also uninstalled FS Commander and restored the system prior to its installation but that has not helped either

Has anyone had this problem

Thanks

The heading on the Nav display is actually the current *track* of the airplane.  Look at your HUD to confirm your airplanes heading corresponds to the set MCP value.  

Cheers,

Paul

The heading on the Nav display is actually the current *track* of the airplane.  Look at your HUD to confirm your airplanes heading corresponds to the set MCP value.  

Cheers,

Paul

Actually it's a customer option (which is modeled and selectable in the NGX) whether to have Magnetic heading or track up on the ND. From what I've seen track up is far more common though.

Steve Caffey

Hi

I tried installing FS Commander and since then the autopilot cannot maintain a heading set on the MCP

For some reason it always holds a heading 5 degrees to the left of what I command. I have tried uninstalling and then reinstalling both FSX and the NGX but it still does it. I also uninstalled FS Commander and restored the system prior to its installation but that has not helped either

Has anyone had this problem

Thanks

If the tiny upside-down triangle is nestled inside the magenta Heading bug, your aircraft has it's nose pointed to the heading you selected on the heading bug.

The white line (track) WILL not be pointed in exact same direction unless you have no wind, or the wind is exactly equal to the heading.

If you have "track up" (most common option) for the Nav display, the heading (the direction of the nose of the aircraft) will be off to one side of the "centre", that means the current heading indicator (Triangle) will diverge from the 'track direction' more and more as wind speed or crosswind direction increases.

Be aware of that little white triangle, that's the direction you are pointed.

The track line is the direction you are going.

These 2 are not the same.

http://img547.imageshack.us/img547/3109/d236.pngd236.png

Figured I couldn't add the image in the post if it was a .png

5cuh.jpg

If the tiny upside-down triangle is nestled inside the magenta Heading bug, your aircraft has it's nose pointed to the heading you selected on the heading bug.

The white line (track) WILL not be pointed in exact same direction unless you have no wind, or the wind is exactly equal to the heading.

If you have "track up" (most common option) for the Nav display, the heading (the direction of the nose of the aircraft) will be off to one side of the "centre", that means the current heading indicator (Triangle) will diverge from the 'track direction' more and more as wind speed or crosswind direction increases.

Be aware of that little white triangle, that's the direction you are pointed.

The track line is the direction you are going.

These 2 are not the same.

http://img547.imageshack.us/img547/3109/d236.pngd236.png

Heading Select as its name implies always follow selected heading, if you have some doubts the manuals are there to be readed and pdf readers have search options to make things easier. To the topic starter you can open a ticket on PMDG Support desk.