Sign in to follow this  
The master 777 pilot

Why does my PMDG 737-800 keep getting unbalanced with fuel?

When I start a flight, and after I takeoff, about 15 minutes after I takeoff I get a fuel imbalance alert on tank number 2, but when I try to correct it it just keeps going at it again, it seems like fuel keeps getting pushed into tank 1 causing the tank 2 imbalance. Why??? I don't know and would REALLY like to find out why this is happening, I have been flying the 737-800 OVER and over again and NEVER had this problem, PLEASE help me, thanks!!!

Please sign your posts with your real name - this is a forum rule here, thanks.

Couple ideas:

1. Are you running any sort of other addon that messes with the fuel at all? FS Passengers, a VA app or anything similar like that?

2. Is your APU still running? I don't think it uses enough to cause this after just 15 minutes but I've never tried.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Damm, no 777 rls for another week

What are you talking about? I don't think Ryan posting here would push back the 777 for another week. Though I do see his presence here as a good sign... :Straight Face:

but when I try to correct it it just keeps going at it again

Could it be a fuel leak?

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

Please sign your posts with your real name - this is a forum rule here, thanks.

Couple ideas:

1. Are you running any sort of other addon that messes with the fuel at all? FS Passengers, a VA app or anything similar like that?

2. Is your APU still running? I don't think it uses enough to cause this after just 15 minutes but I've never tried.

Hi thanks for replying, the only thing that I have that's close to a VA is the IVAO, and that add-on is what connects me to the multiplayer...

I remember during a WorldFlight we were hooning around on a 2 hour flight (4th sleep deprived night at about 3am) and the crew that were on were confused as to why they were getting a fuel imbalance warning.

They'd been airborne for about 1 hour 30 mins at that stage...

Without even opening my eyes or looking up I just said "A P U".

The "doh!" and facepalming coming from the sim could be heard from the crew briefing room!

, it seems like fuel keeps getting pushed into tank 1!!!

Do you mean it's more fuel in tank #1? That could be fuel scavenge pump, if you got less than half of fuel in tank #1 left. But I don't think it can work so fast as well as APU can use fuel. In some airlines if flight is less than 30 min APU is left on for the flight and it's everything ok with fuel.

Check failures.

What are you talking about? I don't think Ryan posting here would push back the 777 for another week. Though I do see his presence here as a good sign... :Straight Face:

Could it be a fuel leak?

Was reffering to the RSR comment, where he (as a joke - to be sure everybody gets that) said that when all people signed their posts for one week, they would release the 777..

Was reffering to the RSR comment, where he (as a joke - to be sure everybody gets that) said that when all people signed their posts for one week, they would release the 777..

if  it  were only  to be  true :lol:

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Oh. I missed that one. It's making me wonder what I would've gotten for two years of signing my name...

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

I think that Ryan asked for signing the post for another reason... more fuel in left tank in 15 minutes is related probably to a 10x scavenge fuel flow problem... Something that developers solved some patches ago.

But we have few info about the problem.

We don't have fuel quantities in the tanks, how the pumps are set, how you try to balance (you need to do more than opening crossfeed). More info are required.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

Do you mean it's more fuel in tank #1? That could be fuel scavenge pump, if you got less than half of fuel in tank #1 left. But I don't think it can work so fast as well as APU can use fuel. In some airlines if flight is less than 30 min APU is left on for the flight and it's everything ok with fuel.

Check failures.

Yes, I checked the failures page and there was no active failures, but what I noticed was that fuel from the center or the #2 tank is PUTTING fuel into the tank #1 its almost like its just transferring fuel from one of the two tanks, if not both into tank #1, and the weird part is, It had NEVER happened before and just recently started doing it about a month ago, so please help, I have to keep turning off all my fuel pumps except for the two center fuel pumps just until my center fuel runs out to keep it level....

I think that Ryan asked for signing the post for another reason... more fuel in left tank in 15 minutes is related probably to a 10x scavenge fuel flow problem... Something that developers solved some patches ago.

But we have few info about the problem.

We don't have fuel quantities in the tanks, how the pumps are set, how you try to balance (you need to do more than opening crossfeed). More info are required.

I just quote myself...

Regards

Andrea Daviero