Sign in to follow this  
Guest BeaverDriver

Cessna T206H - First Impressions

There is a service pack out that fixes this.

Didn't know. I'm going to get it now at their site.

Thanks Bert!

It's a tiny issue in panel.cfg. They named one reference "pa46" instead of "c206."

Someone was moving too fast with the cut-and-paste settings that day. Which unfortunately does not inspire confidence in attention to detail beyond the visual at the company.

More QA needed.

I see. I had already downloaded and installed the fix from them. Works fine now.

Makes you wonder how much 'cut and paste' goes on with the airfile and the aircraft.cfg entries too!

This is an old thread, I know, but I just got the C206.  First impression is that it flies nose high...like folks have been saying.  From what I've been reading online it should fly like any other Cessna but heavy...like a C210...and a bit nose high on the landing.  I started on the runway at Diamond Point...2300 ft with big trees near the far end...had to really work to get it clear of those trees.  I hope it's my skill that's the issue because I got it for bush flying.  I had full fuel but no cargo. 

Also, not a fan of the sound...but maybe it's realistic?  The clickspots for the RealityXP GNS530 are off too.

I also tried the C210 mods that folks put at the beginning of the thread.  (All I can say is...woh...it flies nice now...good.)  I could easily get that one clear of the trees. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

This is an old thread, I know, but I just got the C206.  First impression is that it flies nose high...like folks have been saying. 

There is an FDE fix for that.. send me a PM with your email address.

Bert

At the risk of sounding silly as this thread is ancient,has anybody got the modified air file they could send me please?

Dave