I realise this subject may have been raised before, but im still having problems (being very new to XPlane 10)

I bought the Carenado CT210, but despite my sticks being properly calibrated, it banks to the left so bad its unflyable. Even idling on the ground, as soon as i release the brakes, it turns. If i turn on the autpilot, you can see the ailerons are full, trying to compensate for the banking.

Something to do with torque, apparently. Duel engined planes dont have the problem, am i right?

I own the CT210 and while there is some torque effect it's far from beeing unflyable. I haven't seen a plane that was unflyable due to torque effect the past year.

What exact version of XP10 are you running, what are your weather settings?

Cheers

Flo

Weather is pretty much off - high level clouds and no winds. The latest version, 10.22 i believe.

Well, then I'm afraid I won't be much of a help. As I said, I don't have that extreme torque and turning since version 10.05 or so and never had it with the centurion. You should contact the carenado support over at x-plane.org, maybe they have an idea what's going wrong. Don't give up, you'll love the Centurion once it is set up correctly.

BTW: The Centurion is not updated yet to support the new memory allocation on windows machines and you might see some chrashes until they release the update (in a few weeks). You'll find more info in the said support-forum.

Good luck

Flo

Try this,

1) Pick the latest "WED" (World Editor)
2) Create a few very nice airports for your area
3) Submit to the WED Contest

---> If you win the contest, you can ask Austin for some feature / mod to be applied to one of the forthcoming versions of X-Plane(10?)... You can then ask him to correct the problems with the roll due to the absence of forces that nill the prop / engine torque effects under most flight regimes, for different types of prop aircraft... Then, should Austin validate your request, it might get fixed and we will all WIN!!!!

Regarding the prop effects on twins, even when non-counter-rotating, yes, they are less prone to those effects...

Alternative:
============
Open Plane-Maker and use the Artificial Stability Tab to tune down the prop torque effects. It works very well. You can completely abolish the effect or tune it down without completely nilling it (depends on the aircraft your tweaking...)

Artificial Stability can also be used to overcome another known problem with X-Plane10 - the weather vanning of aircraft while in contact with the surface (runway, taxiway, etc...), even under the slightest crosswinds...

Is this realistic? No! Is this acceptable - of course it is!

Memo:
=====
Every simulator has it's quirks... We have to accept it, try to get it better by supporting the developers, and doing it ourselves if the tools are available. I decided to use Plane Maker and it powerful Artificial Stability tool. Others decided to pick their twins and make their props counter-rotate even if this is not the case with the modeled aircraft in real life...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Thanks, i will give that a try.

Weather Vaning (that is what causes my plane to move to the left while idling?) - can that be turned off completely i wonder?

A quick couple of things to check as well...

1. Make sure the trims are centered if you have assigned them to an axis or controller. 

2. Make sure there is not a fuel imbalance situation causing the roll.

3. Unlikely, but make sure you turn off all failures.

Any one of these can cause a hard un-commanded banking condition

RE Thomason Jr.

Weather Vaning (that is what causes my plane to move to the left while idling?) - can that be turned off completely i wonder?

I'd suggest not to turn it completely OFF because that's not realistic either...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

I'd suggest not to turn it completely OFF because that's not realistic either...

I guess that is where FSX has spoiled me! :)

Something to do with torque, apparently. Duel engined planes dont have the problem, am i right?

IN this case : No. The Carenado CT210M Centurion is in fact remarkably stable. If you really have trouble to stabilize the CT210 you either have a problem in your installation or you will run into trouble. Try to fly with the Mitsubishi Mu-2 1.5 or the BAE Jetstream 32 and you will learn very quickly where the trimwheels are located. Compared to this the CT210 only needs tiny corrections.

One thing to check is while on the ground, look at your AC from the chase view cam just to make sure that everything looks centered. 

Hi,

You can also check to make sure your joystick hardware isn't generating the problem by looking at the raw data...

Settings - Data Input and Output - Check RH box under joystickail/elv/rud

Go back to the cockpit view and you should see the data in top LH corner

With joystick centered these values should be pretty close to zero.

Cheers

Bruce H (Oz)

I also find the Centurion tough to trim, but I always trusted Carenado's FMs so just assumed the real plane was tough. Anybody flown the real thing?

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Well, never flown one, but a colleague from FAP (the Portuguese Airforce where II served at Sintra Airbase (LPST) between 1990 and 1992) had one and used it for aerial photogrammetry, operating from LPCS.

I believe it must be a very stable and easy to fly platform...

Guys, the huge majority of GA aircraft are designed to be, above all - STABLE and EASY TO FLY!!!

Even gliders, which given their aerodynamic characteristics are sometimes a bumpy ride under turbulent situation, are designed to be extremely easy to fly...

I always say when I am asked that driving a motorbike, for instance, is a LOT more difficult than flying most GA aircraft...

Main Simulation Rig:

Guys, the huge majority of GA aircraft are designed to be, above all - STABLE and EASY TO FLY!!!

Amen to that! Thanks Jcomm

These planes have to go through a certifying process.

Reading some pilot reports in flying magazines serves you better, than simply believing in a flightsim program.

No offense to anyone,

but I'm just getting a bit touchy, when I hear statements similar to '' learn how to use aileron trim in XP''.

Yes, I use aileron trim myself in XP, but also with aircraft which real counterparts don't need aileron trim at all. So I don't expect aircraft in XP to fly just like their real counterparts just because XP is advertised as 'ultra-realistic flight simulation'.

If XP is missing something in regards to prop effects modelling, and I think it is, then it's time to get it fixed or at least closer to reality.

But I know whining about it here at avsim won't get me the desired fix. And I don't want to start a new debate about it.

Just my 2 cents.

Over and out (for now :P )

Regards,

Marcus