Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rsperge

whare are your impressions of flightbeam KAID and Latin VFR KMIA vol2

First of all I have bought many addons from FS dreamteam, such as JFK vol2, KORD, KDFW, LAX, KFLL, CYVR, FLY Tampa, CYUL, KTPA, KBOS, KBUF,  I am re3allyimpressed by KAID from flightbeam, I would definitely put them in the same league as fs dreamteam and fly tampa  The airport is a must have and also pretty good on the frame rates.

KMIA is an addon since KMIA had many issues of performance, very unstable.  On the otherhand Latin VFR gained a lot of creditbiiy from me when they came out with KSAN, which is a masterpiece.  Thus they just about completely redid KMIA vol1 and for an inexpensive fee such as 5 euros, if you were a recent purchaser of KMIA vol 1 KMIA Vol2 would be 5 euros.  This is a tremendous deal, Ricardo and his team at Latin VFR have done a tremendous job in updating Miami vol2.

What are your feels and impressions of these 2 airports!!!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I think they are both great.  

Once thing I do want to see developers start to do more is to make sure all their sceneries are fully DX10 compatible sine it frees up more memory.  I combine Latin VFR KMIA with Drzewiecki Design Miami City 2012, and OOMs in DX9 mode can be common.  Currently Latin VFR products do not display properly in night, dawn, and dusk when in DX10 mode.  

FSDT has taken the lead in using native FSX textures in their latest products CYVR and KJFKv2, and I really appreciate that.

I concur with Luis regarding KMIA v2.  It is fantastic but not DX10 compatible.  That is a biggie for me, as I don't fly DX9 any longer.  But the airport and surrounding area are so good that I can deal with the funky graphical anomalies at dusk and night.

Do these guys ever do discounts? Kind of expensive for an airport. 

I know at least with FSDT they have coupon discounts, even for their new releases.