Sign in to follow this  
maukro_1990

Question for the Beta´s: How much passengers can the PMDG 777LR carry?

Alex, do you live in Doha or work for QR? Highly unlikely but wondering if I might know you through someone out there.

Rob Prest

The tapering at the back of their 777 fleet? Or airbus? So what is the most common seat layout per row? 3-4-3? 3-5-3?

It's 3-3-3 on their 773's and tapered for the last row.

Alex, do you live in Doha or work for QR? Highly unlikely but wondering if I might know you through someone out there.

No I'm a contractor for them at ORD.

No I'm a contractor for them at ORD.

Ah ok cheers

Rob Prest

The tapering at the back of their 777 fleet?  Or airbus?  So what is the most common seat layout per row?  3-4-3?  3-5-3?

Yeah, I know VA's taper towards the back of the cabin. Revert to 2-3-2 and then 2-0-2 when in line with the galley (when the original seat layout is 3-3-3). I assume most 777 layout would do the same due to the shape of the fuselage.

I assume most 777 layout would do the same due to the shape of the fuselage.

Probably.  I'd think you'd have to.  I also would have thought some carriers would try to cram coach in with more than 3-3-3.  No 3-4-3 out there?  I might be getting confused with the A330 air canada which has 2-4-2.

Probably. I'd think you'd have to. I also would have thought some carriers would try to cram coach in with more than 3-3-3. No 3-4-3 out there? I might be getting confused with the A330 air canada which has 2-4-2.

American has 3-4-3 on their 77W. Check out www.seatguru.com; they have seat maps for most airlines.

Jon Skiffington

Guys,

I just want everyone to be aware of this so there's no drama over it at release:

Unfortunately we've determined that this is actually a serious amount of work to do and it is not going to be possible to have it for the initial release of the airplane. To change the system would cause a lengthy delay in release that we don't think would be acceptable to most people waiting to buy the product. We will look at it for SP1.

Please keep in mind as many others have said here - weight is weight. There's nothing "wrong" about the way it is currently configured - you can load the exact same amount of weight as any airline's config would be - a 77L always has the same maximum weight for the airframe and it doesn't matter in the slightest to the airplane whether it comes in the form of passengers or cargo/baggage. Even if we were able to code this feature for release it would simply be a pretend/visual thing. Configuring for more passengers would reduce your max cargo etc - push and pull to stay within that max weight limit.

Thanks for understanding - we will do something post release, but it's just not something we feel we should delay the release for.

Dear PMDG, 

i just wanna say that the PMDG T7 is just AMAZING!!! I´m flying from KIAD to EDDK right now and actually i don´t have any issues. Maybe the framrate could be a little bit higher but i can deal with it ;). This plane is perfect! 

I like the pmdg operation center and the fact that it´s possible to change the aircraft equipments with this program is outstanding, for me. It has so much potential etc. I´m really looking forward to Sp1 because i think that you´ll find a way to change the passenger configuration etc. but until you you implement a feature like this, i just enter the ZFW and it´s ok for me. But a different pax configuration and capacity for each airline livery would be a nice gimmick....!

Have a nice Sunday!