Sign in to follow this  
maukro_1990

Question for the Beta´s: How much passengers can the PMDG 777LR carry?

Depends on airline, type of flight, season etc.

Also some airline differentiate men/women, some not.

What? Is that industry standard? About 150lbs pax? I would think around 170 to 180.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 2

i don´t actually know what´s being used in the USA.. In Europe, most airlines calculate with 77kg for one adult. (Which is.... optimistic haha :lol: :lol: )

regards,

Alexander Marx

In Europe, most airlines calculate with 77kg for one adult. (Which is.... optimistic haha )

Also it is supposed to be an average including women and children over 15... so not that off.

My airline used slightly heavier std weights for winter (to account for extra clothing, coats, etc)

My airline used slightly heavier std weights for winter (to account for extra clothing, coats, etc)

Yeah.. We also used to have a section about US flights and heavier weights, but they seemed to have removed it in the latest revision (probably because Australia is ahead of the US on the obesity scale if I recall correct) :He He:

Yeah.. We also used to have a section about US flights and heavier weights, but they seemed to have removed it in the latest revision (probably because Australia is ahead of the US on the obesity scale if I recall correct) :He He:

I heard that Mexico actually topped the US in terms of obesity, the airline seats here reflect that since even the smallest seats easily fits my slender frame with about 4 inches on either side, maybe 2-3 on the narrowest seat on the 737.

Looks like this flight has reached it's maximum weight config.  I wonder if he's counted as one of the 301 people on board :lol:

bigguy_zps1a802744.jpg

I suspect he represents ALL the people on board! :lol:

Yes! I found a seating map of the boeing suggested boeing configuration. Maybe pmdg should use this configuration. But if it´s hard to change, PMDG should not change this. But it would be cool! I hope there would not be a delay^^. 

Here is the Boeing suggested config: 

You can see that Boeing suggested a 16/58/227 configuration (301 passengers). Ok: There is not much space for the legs but hey, you have to be hard in the world^^...! 

Weird pics. I've never seen a 777 with 2+5+2 rows, only 3+3+3 or 3+4+3. Not even in seat guru. Is it normal?

Pedro Espindola

PMDG_737ngx_proud_own2_378x68.jpg

Weird pics. I've never seen a 777 with 2+5+2 rows, only 3+3+3 or 3+4+3. Not even in seat guru. Is it normal?

Yeah weird. Not even a high-density airline like Air Austral (who ordered a A388 full Y) have 2-5-2.

Although a 3-4-3 still provides a higher density then 2-5-2 so makes sense.

Anyway operators don't get Boeing to fit the plane out, so I wouldn't be suprised if Boeing's layout is rare on most birds. Virgin Australia, for example, got their T7's fitted out at Victorville, CA (Large boneyard located at VCV aswell).

I've never seen a 777 with 2+5+2 rows

UAL definitely (almost definitely? - I admit my memory is not brilliant) had 2-5-2 back in 2002 when I flew SFO-LHR. Maybe they've reconfigured since?

Walter Meier

UAL definitely (almost definitely? - I admit my memory is not brilliant) had 2-5-2 back in 2002 when I flew SFO-LHR. Maybe they've reconfigured since?

They're in the process of reconfiguring to 3-3-3, but had 2-5-2 for the longest time. I really liked 2-5-2, because unless it was an absolutely sold out flight, you were almost guaranteed to have someone not sitting next two you on one side.

Jon Skiffington

I've never been on a 777 but on Airbus some airlines taper the back section of seats to 2-3-2 because of the shape of the rear fuselage.  Not the same thing maybe?

I've never been on a 777 but on Airbus some airlines taper the back section of seats to 2-3-2 because of the shape of the rear fuselage. Not the same thing maybe?

Qatar does it on their planes.

Qatar does it on their planes.

The tapering at the back of their 777 fleet?  Or airbus?  So what is the most common seat layout per row?  3-4-3?  3-5-3?