Sign in to follow this  
robertwolant

Non-English version of Windows 7 Premium

Bryan, let me report that you are right (couldn't be different, lol) it might be a question of... accent.

I believed my English sounds fine but I may reconsider it. I have changed nothing and on my last flight the F/O did retract flaps on my 'Flaps Zero' command.

Seems like I have to work on my English 'zero'! :blush:  Anyway thanks for adding 'Flaps up' for the incoming patch. Will be much easier!

(...)

On my system I didn't change the 'global' language (if there is such a thing at all), I left my OS 'German' and changed only the language of the speech recognition.

(...)

My apologies, I have to correct that statement:

I had to switch to (US) English in a 'global' sense to get the speech recognition working.

In those W7 installations 'below' Ultimate this has to be accomplished via Vistalizator, as well (it's easy!).

Everything's fine for me: Brief speech recognition training (W7 default), inexpensive USB Headset works like a charm, and so does FS2Crew (I had my panel.cfg's modified; FS2Crew installed perfectly without affecting my mods).

Only weird thing is I can't open the pdf manual ...   :mellow:

Hi Olli my old friend :)

What do you mean with "can't open the pdf manual?" Do you have nö Adobe Reader on your PC?

_______________________________________________________________________________________
Best regards / Schöne Grüße
Werner

Banner_FS2Crew_Bus4.png

Only weird thing is I can't open the pdf manual

I have also noticed activating the voice recognition has automatically tried to force Adobe Reader to transform PDF documents to a 'read version'.

Just ignore it and, preferably, choose not to if there is a dialogue window. The reading takes a lot of time and the FS2Crew manual is almost 50 pages.

But the next time you open it, it should be fine.

I have also noticed activating the voice recognition has automatically tried to force Adobe Reader to transform PDF documents to a 'read version'.

Just ignore it and, preferably, choose not to if there is a dialogue window. The reading takes a lot of time and the FS2Crew manual is almost 50 pages.

But the next time you open it, it should be fine.

Make sure Windows Speech Recognition is OFF, or FS2Crew voice commands will start also controlling window and windows apps.

Microsoft's 'Windows Speech Recognition' system must be OFF prior to loading Flight Simulator.

speechoff.jpg

Hi Olli my old friend :)

What do you mean with "can't open the pdf manual?" Do you have nö Adobe Reader on your PC?

Now I can't open the manual with Acrobat Reader again, with FS2Crew already running. If I use a freeware pdf viewer it works o.k. ( *hint* ).

Using a freeware viewer this problem is solved, so:

This FS2Crew edition is a v1.00 (no updates ... yet) - and it works flawlessly! I looked out for some bugs but couldn't find a single one. Well done, Bryan; this kind of v1.00's has become a rarity these days!