Sign in to follow this  

Linked/highlighted words and popups: new feature?

Anyway, I'll get off my soapbox now. I wish you all the best.

Thank you for that generosity.

You have been a member since December of 2009. I went back through our records to Jan. 1, 2012 and could not find that you donated to help us "guarantee adequate performance" or our "overhead". Send us a really big check and we will be happy to ensure that we "guarantee adequate performance" and sufficient "overhead" for you.

Oh but wait; you expect maximum performance, free access, and to do it "anonymously" as you describe it, without any thought of sharing the burden. Hmmm. Why doesn't that surprise me?

We are experimenting with Keywords to help us grow our performance and increase our overhead. If you can't abide by that, you know where the door is.

... and a couple more pop-ups are an unbearable distraction?

I rather like the feature (but I do wonder if it's possible to determine the level of sponsorship by the number of times another site, developer or retailer is mentioned).

Thank you for that generosity.

You have been a member since December of 2009. I went back through our records to Jan. 1, 2012 and could not find that you donated to help us "guarantee adequate performance" or our "overhead". Send us a really big check and we will be happy to ensure that we "guarantee adequate performance" and sufficient "overhead" for you.

Oh but wait; you expect maximum performance, free access, and to do it "anonymously" as you describe it, without any thought of sharing the burden. Hmmm. Why doesn't that surprise me?

We are experimenting with Keywords to help us grow our performance and increase our overhead. If you can't abide by that, you know where the door is.

Hey Tom, I could get in a lengthy argument with you about how those ad hominems of yours are completely out of line, and detrimental to the general atmosphere here on AVSIM. Frankly, I think you're a better man that that. To prove my point, I've made a hundred dollar donation to AVSIM yesterday, more or less invalidating your point that I'm acting like a freeloading douche (or words to that effect).

So let's see if we can turn these adversarial lemons into somewhat more productive lemonade. I hereby pledge an additional donation of one hundred and fifty dollars, bringing the total up to two hundred and fifty dollars, if I could get a simple thank you from you and an apology for questioning my motives and good intentions. Of course, should you decide to ban me for this gross display of insolence, we'll leave it at the hundred already donated and I'll show myself out.

You are regarded as the ambassador of this site and your treatment of its members has a direct effect on AVSIM's financial bottom line; I'm looking forward to seeing your response.

Lek767, on 16 Aug 2013 - 08:03 AM, said:

To prove my point, I've made a hundred dollar donation to AVSIM yesterday, more or less invalidating your point that I'm acting like a freeloading douche (or words to that effect).

Your actions speak louder about your character than anything I could do or say. You make a donation and then want me to thank you and then expect me to apologize? Apologize for what? No thanks. I have refunded your "donation". I have seen cynical arrogant behavior in this community before, but you take the cake. You have insulted me and every community member that has donated to this site. Keep this going and you will be done here.

Tom, you're really wrong here:

Petja doesn't want you to apologize - he's actually trying to buy your apology with another 150 bucks.

Good you sent his first 100 bucks back. I'd have refunded the interest on those 100 bucks for one day as well.

Petja doesn't want you to apologize - he's actually trying to buy your apology with another 150 bucks.

In either case, it speaks to his character in spades.