Sign in to follow this  
Kailiang Seah

A suggestion

Sorry about the double post i have a error while creating this topic. 

I would like to suggest a idea for the EFB. Yea am no one but i hope that this can be taken in as a consideration.

PFPX is like topcat or fsbuild (you guys should know that) 

Since there is already a performance tool, why not put the data converted from PFPX (for a example). Inside EFB, I remember sawing some of the image by PFPX there is routes,weather,alt dest.... all that can be imported to the EFB by creating a file that the EFB read. 

When we are at the gate, the PFPX sent the info to the EFB we can view it in the cockpit instead of having a ipad or using ALT TAB. Look through all the routes and the weather instead of looking it on the web. 

Enter the weight payload on the EFB provided by PFPX to the FMC

Of course there is much more can be added. But for me this is the best i can think of. 

At the moment PMDG are not doing an EFB as there are issues for the licences regarding the charts.

I agree, I would love to see a built in T/O performance calculator for the 777. But until an EFB can be done correctly we will have to do with out.

If they are going to develop an EFB, knowing PMDG, it'll be as close as they can get it to the real deal.

I'd say an EFB will be implemented at about the same time the simmer community can figure out what one is, specifically..

Kyle Rodgers

I'd say an EFB will be implemented at about the same time the simmer community can figure out what one is, specifically..

Not too sure what you mean Kyle

Ask a simmer what an EFB does and see what kind of answers you get.  What I'm getting at is the idea that, despite how many times it's been discussed, there still seems to be a disconnect on what EFBs actually do.

Kyle Rodgers

Maybe that to cut through all the red tape and costs involved will take ages, and that by and large the FS community may not be entirely sure what goes into an EFB, it is really much, much more than just a performance calculator and chart viewer, but I myself am not entirely sure what exactly it all encompasses!

Kind regards

Lol

So when...?

Ask a simmer what an EFB does and see what kind of answers you get.  What I'm getting at is the idea that, despite how many times it's been discussed, there still seems to be a disconnect on what EFBs actually do.

Watch you dont fall off the horse there Kyle, its high.

Watch you dont fall off the horse there Kyle, its high.

Yeah, I only get my horses from the best breeders.

...and really, I wasn't casting aspersions.  I was stating a fact that a lot of the people around here don't really have a firm understanding of what it does.

You can continue playing the victim of my irresponsible and wholly mean-spirited posts if you'd like, however.

Kyle Rodgers

I will fly the 777 as BA, so I have no want for an EFB, for reality reasons, I wouldn't use it alot

Ask a simmer what an EFB does and see what kind of answers you get. What I'm getting at is the idea that, despite how many times it's been discussed, there still seems to be a disconnect on what EFBs actually do.

I guess there's no right or wrong answer what an EFB does.

I would think in the real world it would be airline specific to which options are included within it.

In the Fligt Sim community obvisouly we all like as much as possible added to enhance our enjoyment. As I said, for me personally I would like a T/O calculator.

As for what an EFB can do I will probably never know all it's possible functions, but as I said anything extra that can be added to my Flight Sim enjoyment I'm all for it.

...and really, I wasn't casting aspersions.  I was stating a fact that a lot of the people around here don't really have a firm understanding of what it does.

Yeah, and rather than take the time to explain..or rather, not post at all, you go out your way to belittle ''simmers'' in a bloody flightSIM forum..R*^%*!

Maybe this is the place for you as we ''simmers'' arnt werthy.. http://www.pprune.org/

Nope, not a care bear in sight here either..

Yeah, I only get my horses from the best breeders.

No way, thats my business. If you want a really big one I'll see what I can do  ^_^

Yeah, and rather than take the time to explain..or rather, not post at all, you go out your way to belittle ''simmers'' in a bloody flightSIM forum..R*^%*!

Haha - wow.  Really?  There are at least 3 or 4 other topics where I (personally) discussed it in depth, and probably even more where I didn't even jump in.  So, again, you can continue to play the victim, or you can actually come to realize you're just adding in whatever dramatic detail best fits your angle.

I really don't go out of my way to belittle simmers.  I tend to single them out when I refer to lack of knowledge here, but there's a realistic expectation (and proof in the posts) that they have less knowledge than the actual pilots.

Maybe this is the place for you as we ''simmers'' arnt werthy.. http://www.pprune.org/

I know you're using hyperbole to somehow make me feel bad, or similar, but you're really only making yourself come across as one with a nasty inferiority complex.

Again, anyone with a little maturity would see that, though I acknowledge the average simmer here has less knowledge than someone with real world experience, I'm not attacking them.  If anything, most of my posts are there to educate them, and I go to great lengths in many cases to make sure that is accomplished.  I'm not sure how you've missed that given that you've participated in more than a few of those threads.

No way, thats my business. If you want a really big one I'll see what I can do  ^_^

haha - I actually had rescues in a past life with a past someone.  I imagine I'll get some more on my own later, though.

Kyle Rodgers