Sign in to follow this  
Kailiang Seah

A suggestion

Yeah, and rather than take the time to explain..or rather, not post at all, you go out your way to belittle ''simmers'' in a bloody flightSIM forum..R*^%*!

Maybe this is the place for you as we ''simmers'' arnt werthy.. http://www.pprune.org/

Nope, not a care bear in sight here either..

Not only did you manage to reply to a topic and contribute nothing, but you also managed to take a post that was a general (and accurate) observation that has been discussed countless times to the point of not really needing further explanation and take it as some sort of personal attack. Then you managed to actually make it personal and take the "fight" to someone else. Bravo.

Also, in case people were wondering, or just not really curious enough to do research on their own, an EFB can generally include the following features:

- AOM/FCOM

- Navigational charts that may or may not implement a moving map for both air and ground operations

- Performance calculations (including, but not limited to: take-off and landing calculations) <-what people really want. 99% couldn't care less about the other stuff.

- Real-Time satellite weather

I'm sure there is a ton more. I don't have one and have never used one so I don't know the full extent of what an EFB has to offer. As with anything in aviation, I'm sure that there are a ton of customer options.

*worthy, werthy

<-what people really want. 99% couldn't care less about the other stuff.

Total OT, but I was so confused by your actually correct usage of the phrase... So used to the wrong usage that something didn't tick when I see it used correctly.

@EFB: Kyle has a point. Well, he has lots of them. Listen to the guy - it is not a coincidence he has the top right option checked in his sig banner.

Total OT, but I was so confused by your actually correct usage of the phrase... So used to the wrong usage that something didn't tick when I see it used correctly.

Haha. The incorrect usage is actually a huge pet hate of mine. It's like nails on a chalkboard to me for some reason.

Yeah, and rather than take the time to explain..or rather, not post at all, you go out your way to belittle ''simmers'' in a bloody flightSIM forum..R*^%*!

Maybe this is the place for you as we ''simmers'' arnt werthy.. http://www.pprune.org/

Nope, not a care bear in sight here either..

Funny that you come in this thread to simply say that he is "belittling" other simmers when that is exactly what you have come in this thread to do, whilst contributing absolutely nothing to it nor proven any form of a point.

Don't mind me... just pointing out the irony!

Ask a simmer what an EFB does and see what kind of answers you get.  What I'm getting at is the idea that, despite how many times it's been discussed, there still seems to be a disconnect on what EFBs actually do.

It's a bag with pretty electrical lights on it isn't it?.....oh wait :Nail Biting:

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Yeah, I only get my horses from the best breeders.

...and really, I wasn't casting aspersions.  I was stating a fact that a lot of the people around here don't really have a firm understanding of what it does.

You can continue playing the victim of my irresponsible and wholly mean-spirited posts if you'd like, however.

There may be a good reason why simmers don't know what an EFB does entirely.

one good reason is there aren't any 'entertainment sim' products with a properly simulated one yet.

Just like most people around here don't know how a 777-200LR flies yet. Give them a couple of months after the PMDG one is released then we might be getting somewhere.

If PMDG put an EFB in a future release or service pack, I'm sure it's purpose and features will be somewhat better understood.

For the purpose of fun, education, understanding and... well... fun, having a PMDG one would be a mite cheaper than trying to get ones hands on a real one and trying to use it in operations.

I know what is a EFB but i might not have enough knowlegde about it. 

I know that they replace all those manual, as in the past pilot have to carry alot of manual and all that thing on the plane while flying. So this make it more convenient

Its a tool that calualate the performance of the plane. Take off landing weight chart and alot more  

The reason i put up this thread was because i thought that this will be a good idea. As developer already done this tool. Now its only converting and putting it into a file that the system reads.

I know pmdg like to do things by their own. But this only a suggestion to draw time away. Thanks 

I know what is a EFB but i might not have enough knowlegde about it. 

(...)

And that's perfectly o.k., from my point of view, Kailiang:

This place is supposed to be a flightsimmers' community forum, so nobody has to be a full-blown, qualified, certified RW jack-of-all-trades to be allowed to post here. (My 0.02 ...)

Now, as we all know, social media sites sometimes can be pretty weird places; it doesn't matter much whether they're called AVSIM, Facebook or whatever ...   wink.png

BbOH3Pm.jpg

aura_sho3.jpg

Those who have flown the Majestic may know of Aurasim EFB. Aleksi, who I worked with on the Majestic Beta program, has the intention of adding the 77L to his performance flight bag application. If you haven't checked it out already, be sure to go have a look here.

BbOH3Pm.jpg

aura_sho3.jpg

Those who have flown the Majestic may know of Aurasim EFB. Aleksi, who I worked with on the Majestic Beta program, has the intention of adding the 77L to his performance flight bag application. If you haven't checked it out already, be sure to go have a look here.

Very nice will take a look. I brought that plane without knowing this >< But just like the other program its like external not inside the game 

another of these "we need EFB, we need WX radar, we need taxi camera" lol!

in case you didnt noticed, you are in sim. want EFB? alt+tab and use external program it will save FPS and give more stability to FSX, or even, you can use iPad.. thats actualy what most of real airlines actualy DOING in 777 (for example GIA or AAL) because on iPad its actualy better, than with built-in EFB. v-speeds? they are calculated by pmdg fmc since.. ever

and thats apply for WX and taxi camera too, you are in sim, your plane wont crash, wont stall even when you fly trough super-strong (unreal) storm.. and taxi camera? just switch view.. 

Total unnecesary functions.. 

All i want from this plane, is good FPS and stability, because thats what, you actualy need in long hauls (or normal flights too)

another of these "we need EFB, we need WX radar, we need taxi camera" lol!

in case you didnt noticed, you are in sim. want EFB? alt+tab and use external program it will save FPS and give more stability to FSX, or even, you can use iPad.. thats actualy what most of real airlines actualy DOING in 777 (for example GIA or AAL) because on iPad its actualy better, than with built-in EFB. v-speeds? they are calculated by pmdg fmc since.. ever

and thats apply for WX and taxi camera too, you are in sim, your plane wont crash, wont stall even when you fly trough super-strong (unreal) storm.. and taxi camera? just switch view.. 

Total unnecesary functions.. 

All i want from this plane, is good FPS and stability, because thats what, you actualy need in long hauls (or normal flights too)

I totally understand how hard to implement the WX radar. Taxi cam i think its possible to do. EFB adds to the realism to the sim.

Alt -tab? We all knew that fsx is very prone to crashing and its not recommended to alt tab it .

Not alot of people have ipads and 1 of them could cost few hundred dollar. Some simmers wun consider buying a ipad just for fsx

I agree with you its not necessary but some simmers want to have more realism to the plane.If not they can just fly the default 172 instead?