Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Prepar3D v2 showing it's Dx11 face...

I can't see how simFlight came to this conclusion.

The video says it works with FSX, DX9 or DX10, and plain vanilla P3D.

Seems to be Milviz's own personal hack of a DX11 card.

Hope I'm wrong though.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

The original news at the simflight page is no longer available :-(

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Milviz confirmed it's not P3D v2 last night in another post, it was just a feature added to their payware 737. :drinks:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/416063-milviz-got-their-hands-on-prepar3d-v2-beta/#entry2747056

"Posted Yesterday, 10:08 PM

We are using DX11 to display stuff inside the generic DX9/DX10 envelope of FSX and, therefore, P3D.  In no way are we ever using DX11 INSIDE of either software."

Oops !

:-(

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Oops !

:-(

:lol:  it is a nice little feature and P3D 2.0 has already been confirmed to have DX11, so it's ok.

It does give is a taste of what DX11 can do once P3D2 is out.

Sigh  -- Amazing what incorrect conclusions some people can jump to, when they don't even bother to read what they are looking at, before they shoot off a forum post !!

But all publicity is GOOD Publicity  so, go ahead  -- always ready for a good laugh

Sigh  -- Amazing what incorrect conclusions some people can jump to, when they don't even bother to read what they are looking at, before they shoot off a forum post !!

But all publicity is GOOD Publicity  so, go ahead  -- always ready for a good laugh

Too often they see what they want to see - not what's actually there.

A small glimpse into just how much people are looking forward to PSD/2. I am one of them.

Cheers, Mac

Too often they see what they want to see - not what's actually there.

You enjoy being such a downer all the time? The guy just made a mistake.

Regardless, it shows the power of DX11's lighting capabilities and P3D2 will have DX11.

Even when P3D2 has DX11,  developers will still need to learn how to leverage the new features of DX11,  so that they can do, for example,  the DX11 lighting effects you see in the Milviz 737.

It won't just Magically happen !!

Even when P3D2 has DX11,  developers will still need to learn how to leverage the new features of DX11,  so that they can do, for example,  the DX11 lighting effects you see in the Milviz 737.

It won't just Magically happen !!

+1

And all addons that peoples already have won't show DX11 unless a patch is provided for them from the developers or new addon are built  from the ground up using DX11.

You enjoy being such a downer all the time? The guy just made a mistake.

No he saw see what he wanted to see - not what's actually there.

He didn't see the caption on the actual video which reads Works in DX9 or DX10 mode with a DX11 compatible GPU. Also works in P3D, nor the post on SimFlight that states

JB

August 12, 2013 at 18:03 · Reply

Sorry for the english ... But see the video description. This is not in FSX P3D V2 Which no one has access to yet. The link takes you to the video description for this download so you can try now in FSX.

{Google translation]

Gerry (aka mgh),

I'll pay you a beer if you ever come to Portugal, and we're fine ;-)

I confess I haven't been following this thread, but now I see how great an impact it had, for the good or for the worse...

Let's then just hope that P3D v2 brings the good mood back to all, and lot's of joy and satisfaction, since apparently from the other side, while devs are still alive and kicking, the future is NILL... (I'm talking about FSX, not X-Plane 10 just in case someone might be tempted to take the wrong conclusion... X-Plane 10 is fine too and growing better each new release :-) )

Main Simulation Rig: