Sign in to follow this  
Nialloc

Maddog or Airsimmer

Maddog for sure.

Along with its excellent systems simulation, Shared Cockpit is just an awesome feature. Also has handy features such as EGPWS (if you don't know what that is, TERR button enables it on the NGX).

Airsimmer, well..... I have nothing really to say. I have forgotten about my involvement in the ET team after I moved to FSX all those years ago. Those who continue to support them can do as they please, however I will keep my opinion on them reserved to stop starting an argument :He He:

Niall ... buy all three, you choose in which order. All three, together with the iFly 737, DA Fokkers, QW Avro RJ's and Flight1 ATR are the pick of the bunch.

Marry your choice up with PFPX (the soon to be released pro dispatch/flight planning tool), Topcat, FSGRW weather program and NavDataPro airac data and you will be in sim heaven ... state-of-the-art realism in FS9.

Add either FS2Crew or Multi Crew Experience to provide a voice controlled virtual co-pilot, the latter also providing voice control of ATC for example Radar Contact or Pro Flight Emulator Deluxe.

Best of luck with your choices.

Two completely differant types of aircraft and flying style. I actually do a bit of tech support with the Airsimmer bus in my spare time. Putting my flight simmer hat on I would say go for the mad dog. That aircraft is a work of art as far as system depth goes.

The Airsimmer bus is actually very Indepth, a lot of cool stuff going on behind the scenes the most wouldnt notice, however a lot of other nice features we're removed for the downloadable version, so you will see pages from the FMGS removed etc.

So yeah, maddog is the way to go for full depth, once your ready to try a bus in fs9 give the airsimmer a try.

Rob, your post just made me wonder; is Airsimmer still alive? They seemed so promising but in my perception everything got dead silent after "release" of the download version.

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

Rob, your post just made me wonder; is Airsimmer still alive? They seemed so promising but in my perception everything got dead silent after "release" of the download version.

From my last conferance call on Weds it is still very much alive, as far as me staying on to do tech support, I am becoming increasingly busy with real world commitments, in fact I haven't used my simulator in months.

We have heard it all before though, unfortunately.

Up to you wether you want to believe it or not :Thinking: :Talking Ear Off:

We have heard it all before though, unfortunately.

Up to you wether you want to believe it or not :Thinking: :Talking Ear Off:

I thought you said (a couple of posts up) that you were keeping your opinion to yourself on this, to prevent starting an argument? :wink:

I never had one single CTD or problem, ever, with the Airsimmer, from Version 1.3 and 1.4.   

But they're all good airplanes for FS9;    Airsimmer, Maddog and PMDG MD-11..... you can't go wrong with any of them! :smile:

I thought you said (a couple of posts up) that you were keeping your opinion to yourself on this, to prevent starting an argument? :wink:

I never had one single CTD or problem, ever, with the Airsimmer, from Version 1.3 and 1.4.   

But they're all good airplanes for FS9;    Airsimmer, Maddog and PMDG MD-11..... you can't go wrong with any of them! :smile:

I was more talking about the way ET worked etc. May sound a bit hypercritical to my 1st post, but it is a well known fact that they have said the 'Advanced' edition is still coming for years now. It ain't no secret under guard at Fort Knox.

Anyway thats all... I am sure most people will move over to FSX when the FSLabs comes out if they are that entertained by a 320 simulation, like I did with the NGX :lol:

Ended up buying the Airsimmer and very happy with it too. I'm not having any of the problems, follow the guidelines and all is well.

I have the MD11 and love it, and also Radar Contact, and ifly, and Fokker, and pretty much everything else.

I think maybe next month will try the Maddog.

Thanks all

Niall

From my last conferance call on Weds it is still very much alive, as far as me staying on to do tech support, I am becoming increasingly busy with real world commitments, in fact I haven't used my simulator in months.

same here Rob, but hey haven't you been preparing for the 777 release since months ago.. 

Be sure to check my thread before buying flythemaddog.. I have not had good experience with them.

As far as Airsimmer goes bought it first when it was released and got it refunded the third day due to CTDs and So many other problems . Then after update v1.4 I purchased again and most problems still remained . So never going to get again. And It's hard to believe that they are still in development seems a joke like a dead horse woke up.

go for PMDG MD11(You will not regret)

1y329d.jpg

same here Rob, but hey haven't you been preparing for the 777 release since months ago..

Just been purchasing addons for FSX and reading up on all the general tips and tricks for FSX. Not actually doing any flying, back home in a week hopefully so all that should change.

Sidh, I have no idea what your issue was, dont actually remember ever speaking to you. With your specs you shouldn't have had any major issues. Anyway, we at least agree on the MD11.

Rob Prest