Sign in to follow this  
mcoomer

Best business jet for FSX?

Hi all,

I've been flying PMDG's 737NGX for about a year now and would love to find business jets for FSX with the same level of flight deck functionality.  Who makes the best mediums to large business jet models for FSX? 

Thanks,

Mike

Well nothing can really come close to PMDG... However I enjoy the Flight1 Citation Mustang, the Feelthere Embraer Phenom is another one to look at. Carenado B200 isn't a business jet but it's fast, fun!

Ya.... a really neglected category for FSX.

Here's what we've got at the moment:

Eaglesoft C750 - about the best bizjet out there... Navigraph support, VNAV fms etc etc - really dated graphics though, very fast

ES Citation CJ1 - decent slowtation.... about the same as above hehe minus the speed part

Flight1 Citation Mustang - excellent G1000 simulation but since it's a VLJ, the jet is quite slow and the glass is a fps hog

- I'd recommend you getting their King Air 200 - with blackhawk mods it's basically the same thing as the Mustang and the glass performance is much much better.

Xtreme Prototypes Lear 20 series - quite fast, simple cockpit (true to the period - I put the RXP 530W popup in mine), VC looks alright, a little plasticky though - but fps are great

FeelThere Phenom.... I don't have it, basically a lite jet on systems, not that fast

Justflight Hawker 800XP - again systems lite with stock GPS, VC is alright.  Plane itself is pretty fast, .mdl is "meh"

Wilco Legacy (embraer private jet) - again lite systems, older product, etc

Finally I still love the Lotus L39 in Reno Racer colors with 3d RXP430W - excellent plane but no autopilot (details for adding one found on his forums), great systems, smooth graphics superb fps

And that's about it.  Most of them really dated we need a fresh bizjet with systems and navigraph.  Carenado has a Phenom 100 on the horizon but it probably will have their "lite" G1000.  However their G1000's integrate fine with RXP GNS 2d popups and the info will display on their PFD and MFDs.... so that's an option.  Basically I use RXP popup on a lot of planes for added /G functionality.

For Props I can recommend Flight1's King air (especially once the SP1 comes out should be soon) - does around 315 KTAS at altitude

Carenado's TBM 850 is nice with RXP popups - a little faster than the king air 200

Mario Noriegga's (sp?) freeware Piaggio P180 II is excellent... VC isn't great (flat) but systems are decent and all the clickspots function fine, RXP 530w fits in the panel (sort of) - really fast for a turboprop almost 400 KTAS at altitude... engines will break etc cool!

RealAir's Turbine Duke is always excellent and one of my favorite.

Majestic Dash 8 could be considered a private turboprop and many people like that

And since you already have the NGX (I also use it as a BBJ) that's all I can think of that are business-like acft.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I reluctantly decided to give the boot to the ES Citation X because of the following reasons:

-I had bugs with going Direct to a waypoint.  Sometimes it would work, most times there would be some kind of a problem with getting the next waypoint sorted out in the way we would expect.

-Couldn't change my cruise alt and have the fms respond dynamically.  Once set, you could change it, but it appeared that further VNAV calculations used the original cruise alt when making tod calcs.

-Airplane oscillated at cruise, on autopilot

-Problems getting the V speeds to recalculate, if you had to do a go around

-Sometimes the panel functions would freeze up.

-Can do one leg only.  If you land, and then want to go somewhere else in the same flight sim session, the fms screwed up for me.

I don't know to what extent these are general bugs, or if they are just things that occured on my own machine. I suspect the former.   I think that if you are  the kind of guy that programs the fms, flies a flight without any deviation from the original flight plan, every time, this is a nice airplane.  It hand flies like a dream, the Fadec is implemented quite well, looks good, a nice change of pace from the same old, same old.  It has a Diva in the passenger cabin, with booze.  These are all nice things, and I applaud it's ambience, but in the end, I was unhappy with some of its ability to be flexible.  I uninstalled it myself, but it was a tough call to do so, because it has a lot of positive merits.  Reminded me of the girlfriend that is pretty, but not a supermodel, and that is always gong on about her chi and her crystals.

Wilco won a contract with Dessault. Should be a winner if they realize that this is a big deal for them and can manage not to screw it up.

Can't even express how bad I want someone to developed a Citation Latitude, Sovereign or Longitude.

Talk about sexy... The newer citations have made my jaw drop

Wilco won a contract with Dessault. Should be a winner if they realize that this is a big deal for them and can manage not to screw it up.

Can't even express how bad I want someone to developed a Citation Latitude, Sovereign or Longitude.

Boy I'm with you!  ES's Citation X was a great effort but I don't like the flight modeling and a few other things, especially the audio I just don't care for it, yet graphically it's quite amazing.  I loved the old Falcon we had as freeware.

I'm intrigued by what Magestic did w/ the amazing performance in FSX in terms of frames friendly from what I gather.   I may pick that one up tho I do already have the J41.   We need a killer bizjet that's all there is to it, but it needs to be optimized well for smooth performance on higher end hardware.  I won't buy anything that won't run well on my machine as no upgrades are in my future for many years to come.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Wobbling (much nicer word than oscillating :smile:) in cruise in the Eaglesoft Citation X 2.0 usually means you're flying at the wrong altitude for the weights.......  

It only does it's advertised FL510 (or anything above FL410) and M0.92 in a very narrow range of conditions.

Try loading it to 40% MTOW, flying at FL350 at M0.80 and see if it wobbles. 

Yep agreed... the C750 doesn't go above 410 all the time... a long time ago one of the C750 drivers posted something on their forums about this.  To get into the mid 4's and lower 5's you need lots of specific conditions fufilled.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

If Wilco's 7X is actually good, I'll finally install FSX. Fingers crossed lol

I find it hard to believe Wilco will do a really good job but I also find it hard to believe that Dassault would put their name on something that wasn't good so who knows

I find it hard to believe Wilco will do a really good job but I also find it hard to believe that Dassault would put their name on something that wasn't good so who knows

Might be because they are both French companies... Haha

Might be because they are both French companies... Haha

There's possibly more truth in that, than we might think! :smile:

.....perhaps the Execs at Dassault haven't read all the scathing comments and complaints about Wilco, that are written in English! :lol: