Sign in to follow this  
joemorgan164

Circuit breakers

I know even before I write this that I'm going to get replies such as 'do you even READ the forums' and 'no we've been told numerous times that there not' so please save me the expense. I personally have not seen or heard anything yet but I probably am not looking hard enough or even at all at various posts which may or may not have been concerning this.

In short, are circuit breakers fully or in any way simulated in the t7?

Thanks,

Joe Morgan

I've never seen any reference to these as well, it would be interesting to know.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I think and correct me if I am wrong, but in one of the many videos someone stated they are not simulated.

5Take Care, Will Clark

My computer: Intel 14900K, Motherboard ROR Maximus Z790 Formula, PSU Dark Power 1600, Ram DDR5 (7200) Vengeance 32GB CL38, ASUS 4090, Keyboard Logitech ASUS, Mouse ROCCAT LEADR Wireless, Corsair M.2 SSD 4TB x2, Headset Astro A50 Wireless, Microphone Elgato Wave 3, Stream Deck Elgato XL, GoXLR, Loopdeck Live, Chair Steelcase Gesture with Headrest, Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG White, Custom Built water cooling, Ek Lian li xl distro plate, Fittings EK & Bitspower, Monitor LG C1 48 OLED, Desk Speakers Audio Engine A5+ White.

Crews seldom deal with CB's, Only maintenance.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

In short, are circuit breakers fully or in any way simulated in the t7?

No.

I'll just refer to you answering your own question in your original post:

No we've been told numerous times that there not.

So, you answered your own question even before posting.  Were you just looking for a confirmation?

Kyle Rodgers

No.

I'll just refer to you answering your own question in your original post:

So, you answered your own question even before posting.  Were you just looking for a confirmation?

No, not really, but I just didn't expect them to be simulated

No, not really, but I just didn't expect them to be simulated

I've not checked the QRH, but it's possible there aren't any procedures that require operation of circuit breakers, in which case there wouldn't be much point. The electrical control logic looks after it all.

Use of circuit breakers by crew would be unusual, but in the event of an extreme anomaly (software failure) in the autopilot/FMS system, I can imagine that a Captain might consider it.  It's never happened that I know of, and perhaps this may sound too much like something out of a John Nance novel, but if HAL starts getting a mind of his own, the CB panel would be the logical last resort.

Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones

but if HAL starts getting a mind of his own, the CB panel would be the logical last resort.

Or taking the crash axe down into the avionics bay (not sure if that's just Hollywood... I could've have sworn there was a hatch on the floor) and hack into HAL a few times...

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

Actually crew on aircrafts use CB more than you think when Thye have problems, it will be stated in the QRH, but im not trainned on the T7 so i dont know if its like the A330/340 with reset breakers instead

Virtually the complete suite of problems covered by the QRH are built into the simulation. Not CBs. However, every load is traced to the proper bus and the amperage is actually determined by live loads. Pretty awesome.

Dan Downs KCRP