Sign in to follow this  
neas1982

Throttle problem

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to throw something in the group and see what you think. I have Saitek yoke and throttles (and rudder pedals). My issue with the B777 is the following:

As long as the engines are not running my physical throttle levers command the throttles in the sim perfectly. From the moment both engines are started, moving my physical levers does still move the levers in the sim but they snap straight away back to idle. I can control the levers using F2-F3 and then they do not snap back to idle. In the simulation options I have A/T override option set to: "in hold mode only", I've tried changing it to "never" and "always" but that doesn't change anything.

Any thoughts?

Yes I am, I created a "2 engine jet" ^profile that I also used for the NGX and it worked fine, but now I'm running into trouble. The strange thing is: it works fine when I turn the A/T switches off, but obviously that's not how it is supposed to be.

Hi Sean!

I am sporting a Saitek yoke and throttles plus CH Pro pedals. That combo has been working great with the 777 during beta. I have FSUIPC and do have some of the axises of my controllers processed by FSUIPC. HOWEVER PMDG recommends not sending it through FSUIPC. I am sure it is just a matter of twekaing to get it to work.

Let us know.

Hope it helps,

HOWEVER PMDG recommends not sending it through FSUIPC

I had to re activate my FSX controls for instance to get my rudder to hold position and for my ailerons to work at all.  I also had to reset my brakes function in FSUIPC.  Other than that, nothing else changed in FSUIPC.  

just a matter of twekaing to get it to work.

Ed Zachery! 

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to throw something in the group and see what you think. I have Saitek yoke and throttles (and rudder pedals). My issue with the B777 is the following:

As long as the engines are not running my physical throttle levers command the throttles in the sim perfectly. From the moment both engines are started, moving my physical levers does still move the levers in the sim but they snap straight away back to idle. I can control the levers using F2-F3 and then they do not snap back to idle. In the simulation options I have A/T override option set to: "in hold mode only", I've tried changing it to "never" and "always" but that doesn't change anything.

Any thoughts?

I too am getting this. Throttles forward with A/T on makes them snap back after a second or so. Same thing in the air. Seeing as I only just installed it and have read nothing yet I am reserving judgement. That said it seems off. I shall get to know her for a while then decide if it is really meant to be the case and if I am just missing something. But that it happens in there air suggests to me I am getting a conflict of something.

Regards

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

Same problem here, throttles respond momentarily and then snap back to idol, note they worked fine in the NGX through FSUIPC

Also having issues with disengaging the autopilot as the z command is not disconnecting it.

Started with engines running and lined up on the runway, will try it with a short turn around setting tomorrow.

Like this sim generally but a little frustrated at these little issues.  Hopefully we can get it cleared up quickly.

Cheers

Tim Carter

Regards

Barra

i7 7700K, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, GTX1070 OC 8GB, 1TB Samsung SSD for OS and P3D4.4, W10 64Bit, Corsair H115i Water Cooling

I had this problem with my saitek throttles and to get rid lf this I had to not assign them through fsuipc but assign them through fsx. You can assign everything through fsuipc except the throttles.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

• Upvote 2

I've discovered that this is related to the autothrottles being in standby mode which they are most ot the time in real life.  My throttles have a life of their own during taxi but if I turn off the two switches everything works fine.  Must be a little bug.  Turn off the switches and see what happens.

Steve Giblin

There is a full page on this in the introduction document and some options in the PMDG menu's to customize how your throttles react.  I have this issue as well and need to take another look at the best setup for my hardware.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Same thing here. If I put the autothrottles in standby mode it behaves normal, but with A/T on, the throttles snap back to 0 all the time whenever I try to advance the throttles.

I don't want to assign them through FSX's system instead of FSUIPC, as the two levers I use for engine 1 and 2 throttles here are engines 2 and 3 when I fly a 4-engine plane, and the lever I use for engine 2 throttle here iis the same lever I use for engine #1 mixture in 1- or 2-engined piston aircraft. That's the beauty of FSUIPC.

I had the same issue after I used my FSUIPC profile from the NGX (and I was already aware of the warnings about using FSUIPC).

So it wasn't too much of a surprise when the throttles played up in the 777. All I did to fix mine at the moment was to delete the calibration values in FSUIPC for the 2 throttles. Was able to make a quick take off and landing using auto throttle no problem.

The introduction document highlights the possible issues with FSUIPC calibration.

Hmmm,  I'll have to check and see if I have a calibration file associated with the throttles in FSUIPC.  Don't recall ever calibrating them using FSUIPC but I'll check.  Thanks.

Not sure why It would work fine with the autothrottle switches off though.

Steve Giblin

Had the same issue (CH Products throttle) using the FSUIPC twin jet setup, same as the NGX and FSX controls disabled.. Went into the 777 FMC/Simulation menu and changed to "Show thrust lever position" to YES and works fine now. Perhaps a coincidence.

Yep, I found the same solution. I deleted my throttle assignments from FSUIPC en re-mapped them through normal FSX channels. All the rest of my controls are still going through FSUIPC, seems to be working fine now :)