Sign in to follow this  
fschrewe

Manuals not printable?

I Just tried to print out the manuals for the B772LR, but it seem that only the Introduction and the tutorial are printable. Opening the other documents the printer symbol is greyed out. Does that mean we have to open these documents on an additional monitor or computer if we need them for reference, as printing doesn't seem to be possible?

Just copy them to Dropbox or Google Drive and read them on any device.  I rarely print anything these days.

Just copy them to Dropbox or Google Drive and read them on any device. I rarely print anything these days.

Tried copying the FCTM to Google Drive. Wanted to look at it on my tablet as I flew. Well guess what, when you put it on Google Drive all the text disappears and a DRAFT water mark is put on every page. Nice unannounced security feature huh?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

Eric 

I Just tried to print out the manuals for the B772LR, but it seem that only the Introduction and the tutorial are printable. Opening the other documents the printer symbol is greyed out. Does that mean we have to open these documents on an additional monitor or computer if we need them for reference, as printing doesn't seem to be possible?

I'm guessing this has to do with the license from Boeing. Copyright. Ain't it a pain?

Tried copying the FCTM to Google Drive. Wanted to look at it on my tablet as I flew. Well guess what, when you put it on Google Drive all the text disappears and a DRAFT water mark is put on every page. Nice unannounced security feature huh?

Unannounced but understandable as well. PMDG are dealing with the behemoth known as Boeing. This kind of inconvenient (not insurmountable) security is to be expected.

I copied mine to Dropbox and then downloaded them to my iPad; opened them up in Goodreader with no issues...all perfectly readable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Dear lord that watermark is abysmal. Might as well not give them to usif we can't put them on a tablet. What if you transfer over USB to iPad and read from a PDF reader? Watermark still there?

What if you transfer over USB to iPad and read from a PDF reader? Watermark still there?
yes it is. Is it on the actual PMDG binder manuals as well?

Works perfect with dropbox. No problem at all.

I also find that the FCTM has the watermark DRAFT across each page.  I am reading it as a PDF on a computer.

Two questions:

Does the DRAFT watermark still appear when you read it on a table (assuming there are many ways one can transfer it to a  table)?

Do the printed manuals in a binder that one can purchase from PMDG also have the watermark?

Kurt

Call me a sceptic, but i think it has more to do with buy them from PMDG and pay the exuberant freight costs, if you don't live in the USA, or don't have a printed copy at all.

It's never been a problem printing in the past so I fail to see this is about Boeing.

Neither of the binder manuals for MD-11, NGX or T7 has the watermark.

23.png

Not exactly legal, I would think...

Not legal and against our ToS'.

Who know's what's legal over there??

It is not a matter of what is legal "over there". Saudi Arabia is a signatory to the Copyright Convention and a copyright is a copyright, no matter where the violation occurs.