Sign in to follow this  
Marder1986

Door status Question?

Hey have a little question.

After all dors close in the CARGO Plane i have  standing ***  DOORS AUTO/MANUAL  *** is that ok???

All Cargo dors close both Front doors closed and arm?

Best Regards Daniel

Yes sir Both Doors closed and Arm, have 2 A in the MFD on door page.

Screenshot of the CDU and the DOORs screen would help immensely.

Kyle Rodgers

I've noticed this too, only in the freighter. It will change to DOORS MANUAL if both are disarmed, and AUTO/MANUAL when one is armed, but stays that way when the other is armed.

Steve Caffey

I know why it happens. You'v started with a state that, for the passenger variant, had door 2L open.

But you are in a freighter. which doesn't have a door 2L. So you can't close and arm door 2L because it isn't there, and it won't effect pressurization because it's not there, but for some reason the ECIAS thinks the door that doesn't exist isn't armed.

Only fix: Make your default 777 startup state, start with

• Door 2, 3 or 4 L or R closed
  • Main deck cargo door closed

Door 1L is ok to default start open. Lower main cargo doors are fine to have open. Doors 2L 2R 3L 3R 4L 4R and Main Deck cargo must be closed in all and any save states you make or use.

If you swapped plane to a Passenger variant without closing FSX from the state shown in the picture, I'm sure one of the doors in the passenger variant will be open. Probably 2L or 4L (ie the door the jetbridge gate goes to, or the one the GSX staircase goes to on the pax variant)

This is a bug in the freighter from what I've seen. I saw it in testing but I think it's still being worked on. For me I normally get doors manual after landing in the freighter - when all are armed of course.

This is a bug in the freighter from what I've seen. I saw it in testing but I think it's still being worked on. For me I normally get doors manual after landing in the freighter - when all are armed of course.

I don't..

But my default start state for the PMDG 777 has all the doors closed. I made the state myself, because the "Short turn" and "Long turn" states have door 2L open.

Door 2L doesn't exist in the freighter, but it's still open.

The door that doesn't exist and can't be opened or closed is open.

I've seen this behavior as well, where EICAS isn't consistent with the synoptic in the F.

It'd be neat, like in the MD-11, to be able to disarm/arm all the doors without having to open then close them.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

I know why it happens. You've started with a state that, for the passenger variant, had door 2L open.

OMG, why didn't I think of that?? That solves it.

Steve Caffey

OMG, why didn't I think of that?? That solves it.

Might have been better if PMDG had made separate panel state saves for the freighter, as they did for the MD-11F.

I've seen this behavior as well, where EICAS isn't consistent with the synoptic in the F.

It'd be neat, like in the MD-11, to be able to disarm/arm all the doors without having to open then close them.

I agree completely. An arm all doors and disarm all doors control would be much better. At the moment the only way to disarm doors is to open them. Not at all realistic, and who is going to want to do this for all doors individually on arrival to simulate all doors being disarmed, though still closed.

ki9cAAb.jpg

+1 on the MD-11 style door arming. Good 1 Kyle.

Bob Donovan - KBOS

• Hardware: i7 11700k on ROG Strix Z590 ► Asus ROG GeForce 3070 ►FDS 737 FMC ► VRInsight 737 Overhead ► GoFlight TQ6 ADV ► Thrustmaster Warthog
  • Software: P3D ► MSFS ► XP11 ► DCS World

Might have been better if PMDG had made separate panel state saves for the freighter, as they did for the MD-11F.

+1 on that, 'cause it would also be nice to set the GPU for the Freighter, but the jetway power for the Pax version by default.

Steve Caffey