Sign in to follow this  
Jim Young

PMDG 777 and DX10

Yes, I see it too.  I don't fly much at night so reason why I thought it was working great in DX10.  Strange the textures are not compatible with DX10.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

You may be able to fix this with the ...er... Fixer....  :huh:

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Here is the DX10 night problem with PMDG 777 ... it's only the right armrests, the left ones are fine -- should be easy enough to fix by PMDG or someone else.

3fcc4dd81acd110a54aa77b6e7da850a.jpg

Strange. I didnt have that at night. Why would some have it and not others if its a overall dx10 problem

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Why would some have it and not others if its a overall dx10 problem

I don't know, what version of Steve's existing fixes have you applied?  I'm using Steve's v3.2.2. along with Michael Swannick runway lights fix, and Rain fix (sorry no name of person who made those changes),  and Aircraft lights fix (again not sure who's, Steve's?)

Can you share your FSX.CFG settings?  Do you have Advanced animations on?

EDIT: the lighting options in the PMDG 777 are just amazing, so subtle ... it's so good that it makes me wish I had MSE night textures.  Of course the armrest is a little distracting, I was trying to locate the .dds file that might be responsible, obviously PMDG got it right for the left armrest ... pretty sure it's one of the .dds files in SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 777-200LR\texture.vc that needs adjustment, but if the arm is animated (which it might be) then, not sure...

Those blue textures look suspiciously as if the bkg.bmp is not in place. Can you check if it's installed (Bonus folder of the patch) - it goes in the FSX root folder.

I don't know why it would make any difference - or even be used by PMDG - but stranger things have happened.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I don't know, what version of Steve's existing fixes have you applied?  I'm using Steve's v3.2.2. along with Michael Swannick runway lights fix, and Rain fix (sorry no name of person who made those changes),  and Aircraft lights fix (again not sure who's, Steve's?)

My bad. I just looked again. Now its there although nowhere near as strong contrast as yours which look alot more blue. Mine are more cloudy gray or milky whitish. 

I swear i never saw them there before on my last 14 hour flight. Perhaps I just didnt see it at the right angle. 

Interestingly enough though , the same shade milky white is also on my landing and taxi lights. It just looks cloudy rather than transparency  light. 

CYVR LSZH 

Those blue textures look suspiciously as if the bkg.bmp is not in place. Can you check if it's installed (Bonus folder of the patch) - it goes in the FSX root folder.

Dang Paul you ARE good!  That was the problem exactly, not sure how or what reverted my bkg.bmp back to 2006 version??

Fixed:

ee3c18a45fdda95432fa8031db72132b.jpg

My bad. I just looked again.

You might need to re-apply some of Steve's fixes, something overwrote mine and restored older versions ... would REX do this? (on a Restore)?  hmmm...

EDIT: I also seemed to have gained 5-6 fps ... very strange, this has me thinking ... and might tie into that post about losing FPS under DX10.

Dang Paul you ARE good!

Um..Well my lovely wife, Dorothy tells me that all the time!..... :wub: ...

..but it's for nothing to do with DX10, though.. B) 

• Upvote 2

You might need to re-apply some of Steve's fixes, something overwrote mine and restored older versions ... would REX do this? (on a Restore)?  hmmm...

Hmm yea that could very well be. Never thought of that. Will do. 

And Paul your quite the DX10 guru King. Wow awesome. Cant wait for the fixer to settle everything and to make this game changing issue solved.  

CYVR LSZH 

The night lighting is so good in the 777 I think I'm gonna have to make it my desktop background ... I wanna feel like I'm in the aircraft all the time.

The night lighting is so good in the 777 I think I'm gonna have to make it my desktop background ... I wanna feel like I'm in the aircraft all the time.

Damn straight!

Thank YOU Paul, I had the same issue as Robains, I can now enjoy DX10 :)

Regards

John.

488c9zr9rc81chb6g.jpg

Well I did what Robains did and now it's looking like this. Did I goof? Also, what would be the correct way to re-install all of the fixes?

Did I goof? Also, what would be the correct way to re-install all of the fixes?

Hmmm ... to re-install you'll have to go thru the all the readme's and follow the install instructions.  OR, wait for Steve's app that will do it all for you.  I only had to do the "Bonus" material to fix.

Rob.