Sign in to follow this  
mrluca

777 in Prepar3D

I see you guys are sick off flying you 777 already so its back to more argy barge at the forum.

Another p3d customer who was not happy that it would not work. Reinstalled FSX.  I think they purposely put in code so it would not work in P3D. Maybe someone will create a method to do this. In my opinion it does not break the EULA. Because I have an academic version of p3d and I want to LEARN about the 777 and it's systems. 

If Carenado can offer their Cirrus SR22 for P3D, why not everyone else?  

My P3D is much more stable than FSX.

Anyway... I am enjoying the 777 so far.  One strange thing I ran into was the nose gear got locked into a position facing right and I can't seem to get it straight again. Even the computer is telling me to do Rudder calibration.

Another p3d customer who was not happy that it would not work. Reinstalled FSX.  I think they purposely put in code so it would not work in P3D. Maybe someone will create a method to do this. In my opinion it does not break the EULA. Because I have an academic version of p3d and I want to LEARN about the 777 and it's systems. 

If Carenado can offer their Cirrus SR22 for P3D, why not everyone else?  

My P3D is much more stable than FSX.

Anyway... I am enjoying the 777 so far.  One strange thing I ran into was the nose gear got locked into a position facing right and I can't seem to get it straight again. Even the computer is telling me to do Rudder calibration.

The EULA is a legal-contract you agree to when you buy the PMDG 777 - it's not a matter of opinion whether you're breaking it or not, you are either breaking it or you aren't.  :lol:

It is disappointing I know that things can't be resolved but this situation is much more complex than "others are doing it, why can't PMDG" - for a start PMDG have a relationship with Boeing and I'd bet you a fair amount of money their agreement with Boeing stipulates quite a few times it's for entertainment use only. P3D is not an entertainment platform, end of story. 

In my opinion it does not break the EULA.

Not talking about the P3D EULA.  Look at the 777 EULA...

Kyle Rodgers

In my opinion it does not break the EULA. Because I have an academic version of p3d and I want to LEARN about the 777 and it's systems. 

It doesnt matter what you actually end up using it for if the original product is not supported for those intentions.

The EULA is a legally binding agreement (that you agree to if you click 'I agree') No fuzzy ground - its very clear

quote the specific part of the 777 EULA that is the violation

This End-User License Agreement ("EULA") pertains to PMDG Simulations, LLC's Copyrighted computer software (the "Software") in the package containing  CD-ROMs, diskettes, associated media, printed materials, electronic distribution files or electronic documentation.  Please read the terms and conditions of this End-User License Agreement ("EULA") before installing or using the Software. 

This End-User License Agreement ("EULA") is a legally enforceable contract between you ("Customer" or "you") and PMDG Simulations, LLC ("PMDG" or “PMDG Simulations”).  By clicking "I agree", installing, copying, or otherwise using any part of the Software or any associated media, any printed materials, or any "online" or electronic documentation, you agree to be bound by the terms of this EULA.

b ) This software is for use only with the retail version of Microsoft Flight Simulator X.  You may not use this software on any platform other than Microsoft Flight Simulator X.

I took the P3D plunge in the hope that it would become the de facto sim, but this latest, totally justifiable, blocking move by PMDG convinces me that P3D is a sideshow. A nice sideshow with fewer glitches, admittedly, but what is the use if one cannot have full functionality?

As I write I am reinstalling FSX in advance of purchasing the 777. The other nice thing is that I will be reacquainting with the VRS F-18 - another P3D no go.

Those two planes are arguably the best at what they do and if P3D isn't going to be supported by all the top developers, then it is even more incomplete than the caveat-feast that is FSX.

As an earlier poster observes, looking ahead there are even fewer guarantees about what happens to existing licensing when V2 comes out.

As much as I don't relish all the tweaks that FSX will inevitably demand, it will be nice to have software that works with everything that's out there again.

Yep, back to the future for a new dawn, and I can't wait!!!!

No, it doesn't work, PMDG didn't even bother to put an information on the product page, because they knew that some Prepar3d-users were gonna spend 90 bucks for nothing and PMDG really seems to enjoy money from customers who can't even use the product they paied for.

Implying that PMDG is committing fraud just got you banned.

Everyone, please note that any repeat of any thing close to this will get a ban as well. Read our Terms of Service once again.

b ) This software is for use only with the retail version of Microsoft Flight Simulator X. You may not use this software on any platform other than Microsoft Flight Simulator X.

I don't know how much clearer it could be.

Implying that PMDG is committing fraud just got you banned.

Everyone, please note that any repeat of any thing close to this will get a ban as well. Read our Terms of Service once again.

I don't know how much clearer it could be.

They'd need to put on a Broadway show to make it any clearer. 

They'd need to put on a Broadway show to make it any clearer. 

I suspect that they may well do that...

How many times do we have to go through this? PMDG does NOT support the way the P3D license works. End of story.

If you want to read about it in deatil, search for RSR's post on this very subject, he took quite some time to write it.

He was just asking, calm down. 

Dragging up a one month old post to tell someone to calm down.  That's kinda funny...

Kyle Rodgers