Sign in to follow this  
mrluca

777 in Prepar3D

No offence airbus fans so you guys meant that airbus extended is not for entertainment?  being a user of that plane i say that its quite basic. Compared to pmdg its not even near 

No offence airbus fans so you guys meant that airbus extended is not for entertainment?  being a user of that plane i say that its quite basic. Compared to pmdg its not even near 

That's exactly the reason stated by PMDG for not licensing their airplanes for use in P3D.

So even airbus extended dare to put it in P3D why pmdg cant? I dun understand why they have the block T7 from even installing in p3d why dun block the ngx or 747v2? 

I just wish they'd let us know what the future is.  FSX is old and they are not going to support P3D.  Does that mean we will have to go to XPlane, which I don't care for, but more importantly I would have to spend all that money again for airports?

I just wish they'd let us know what the future is.  FSX is old and they are not going to support P3D.  Does that mean we will have to go to XPlane, which I don't care for, but more importantly I would have to spend all that money again for airports?

They already have.

There are many other posts by them about what platform they're aiming at, but here's one of them:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/375914-tie-wraps-bubble-wrap-packing-tape-and-cleaning-up-a-few-loose-ends/?hl=%2Bxplane

...followed up by this one with a little more firm language:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/394754-22dec12-development-cycle-updates/?hl=%2Bxplane

Kyle Rodgers

Sooner or later you would have to spend the money anyway. You aren't using any scenery for FS2000 either, are you? Backwards compatibility was what made the FSX the problematic jungle of code (not exclusively, yes, but it was a factor).

So even airbus extended dare to put it in P3D why pmdg cant? I dun understand why they have the block T7 from even installing in p3d why dun block the ngx or 747v2? 

They blocked the 777 because people kept openly advertising the possibility to use NGX and 747 in P3D. Even guides as how to do it.

As such, they had an obligation (possibly even a legal obligation) to use reasonable measures to block users from breaking the license. 

As to why Aerosoft does not have a problem with making the Airbus usable in P3D? You would have to ask them, and their lawyers... Being in Europe, under a different law system, might be pretty well a factor.

We'll I'm musing over the possibility of buying X-Plane 10 (I have XP9) but I could count on one hand the times I used it.

However,the fact that there is now 64-bit,and more and more sceneries for XP10,are making it more and more

attractive, plus it runs on Linux too.

I downloaded the trial and it now supports trackir in Linux too.

All seem to be positives in my book. The deal doer for me will be PMDG coming on line.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Who is doing all the downvoting down?  And why?

Some guy talks about XP10 runing on linux and gets two downvotes for it? He made fair points, relevent to the original topic, and not one, but at least two idiots decide to downvote him? FFS, grow up.

Who is doing all the downvoting down?  And why?

Some guy talks about XP10 runing on linux and gets two downvotes for it? He made fair points, relevent to the original topic, and not one, but at least two idiots decide to downvote him? FFS, grow up.

Yeah, it's getting rather annoying, honestly.  I know I'm not all warm and fuzzy, but I'm getting the distinct impression that the most level-headed and helpful people are going to be the ones with the red posts most often.

That's where the grown-ups' upvotes come into play ...

haha - yet most of my posts since they put the red button back have been distinctly negative.  All seemingly because people don't like the truth.  Granted, my opinions tend to irritate people, but how I managed to get a downvote on my post simply pointing people to where PMDG mentioned they're evaluating XPlane, I do not know.

Probably some coward in a dark room eating Doritos, chugging Mountain Dew, thinking that I'm some huge jerk for finding things for people, particularly because they don't like the answer...

Kyle Rodgers

So many threads bore me to tears but this one has been most entertaining! 

We get the obviously aggrieved members who clearly resented the fact that although quite within their rights corporate PMDG evidently lacked the courtesy, or goodwill, to spell out up front that the T7 will categorically NOT WORK in P3d, so don't waste your money. Their policy appeared in fact to be 'let them waste their money if it will teach them a lesson'. High-handed? You decide.

So some bought the T7 and felt cheated. They reasoned, 'we recognise the UELA but it's not PMDG's prerogative to act as judge and adjudicator. Next, the governments will be having us all 'chipped' to prevent us from ever doing wrong, taking away our right to choose. And, after all, as has been previously stated, the ability to use the NGX with P3d hinted that it might just be possible with the T7 as well. Many legal rulings are based on precedent rather than small print. But to be fair, PMDG did strongly imply it in several ways, and in earlier posts RR was commendably open-handed in declaring PMDG's genuine interest in coming to an arrangement with LM if at all possible.

But I digress ... Then we get the smug ones who like to take the moral high-ground, from where they can look down in judgement on the latent 'lawbreakers' who have 'no leg to stand on' and thus deserve nothing but contempt. These share the PMDG ethic it would seem, and proudly fly the banner declaring their loyalty even according themselves 'hero' status. 

But then I would suggest that we are ALL heros to somebody? 

We all know that as it stands FSX is a dead-end; that P3d is by its very nature a no-go area for the likes of PMDG, and vice versa. RR evidently likes XPX and who really knows what that could become. Or what the future holds. 

All good stuff ... It sure beats reading the papers. 

These share the PMDG ethic it would seem, and proudly fly the banner declaring their loyalty even according themselves 'hero' status.

For what it's worth, I made it because someone called me a "PMDG hero," using it as an alternative to "fan-person."  I find monikers to be a little petulant, so I tend to just wear them as badges of honor, and the signature was created to show how much the moniker truly affected me.

Seeing that the ironic message seems to be failing so many, I've changed it...

Kyle Rodgers

Good on you Kyle!  Just highlights the shortcomings of the 'written' word doesn't it.  All we really need is a coffee/beer together. 

As for me I learned to fly in the military (but couldn't consider firing a shot in anger these days) so I'm a P3d convert.  But I reinstalled FSX for the T7 and frankly FSX runs beautifully on a new Samsung Pro SSD so it is possible to have the best of both worlds. 

All the best Kyle, 

All we really need is a coffee/beer together.

I won't argue with that!  I'll bring a few six packs for that convention! :wink:

Kyle Rodgers