Sign in to follow this  
mrluca

777 in Prepar3D

but I'm getting the distinct impression that the most level-headed and helpful people are going to be the ones with the red posts most often.

Ha, works for me! Now I can just scroll through the threads, and look for the posts with the eye-catching red square to read; those posts are usually the correct ones!

Probably some coward in a dark room eating Doritos, chugging Mountain Dew, thinking that I'm some huge jerk for finding things for people, particularly because they don't like the answer...

Well Kyle, for every vote down, I have voted up, and even have  cancelled some out  to some of your posts.

I wish Tom would remove the voting system, it is rather silly.

I saw one the other day, where an avsim member was posting a helpful topic, assisting another member, and it was voted dowm !!

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Glad to see the Care Bears sig back Kyle and keep telling it like it is.  I always enjoy your insightful posts as there isn't a trace of sugar coating to be found, just the facts.  Are you sure you weren't a lawyer at one point...those look like some pretty expensive Ray Bans in your avatar B)

I'm on my 3rd PMDG 777 flight today in FSX

Chris Sunseri

I wish Tom would remove the voting system, it is rather silly.

I agree and it sounded like a good idea at the time. It will be gone in less than 5 minutes in its entirety including the up votes.

Thanks Tom. Fantastic :good:

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Probably some coward in a dark room eating Doritos, chugging Mountain Dew, thinking that I'm some huge jerk for finding things for people, particularly because they don't like the answer...

Now Kyle...  I wasn't drinking Mountain Dew...  I drink Coke.  Regular Coke.

The dew drinker is Paul- and he doesn't like when i sit here in the dark munching on the doritos- so you know he wasn't involved...  B)

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Dear Community,

I have a quite big problem: I only have P3D, and i'd like to run the PMDG 777 :/

I have heard that it isn't possible to install it directly into P3D, the same thing as the 737.

I managed to run the 737 on P3D with a few tweaks, a friend of mine used the FSX to Preoar3d migration tool....

FSX and P3D run on the same source code, so...

Did anybody try to import it?

Thank you!

Greetings

Eventually someone will get it working for P3d. Ya never know PMDG might even take their heads out of the sand and see the future and let us use the plane in P3d. Just an FYI I wouldn't patch the NGX when they roll out the SP for it as it may break P3d Compatibility.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

I think the  voting up and down was good... it helps avoding unpleasant fights here..  

If you agree with something but don't have anything particular  to add, just  vote up and if you disagree but don't want to rant over it and avoid ugly fights..vote down and move on

Hmm....  :smile:

If there was a vote up or down, that would have given me a feedback on this post too.  :biggrin: Now I would never know if most folks agree with me or disagree with me. Now they would have to PM me... J/k J/k

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

If you agree with something but don't have anything particular to add, just vote up and if you disagree but don't want to rant over it and avoid ugly fights..vote down and move on

The main problem Manny, it was being abused. I mean helpful posts being voted down.

I drink Coke. Regular Coke.

You do realize that Coca Cola use coke to clean there own machines. It can even take rust off a rusty nail. Stay healthy Robert :lol:

I think the  voting up and down was good... it helps avoding unpleasant fights here..  

If you agree with something but don't have anything particular  to add, just  vote up and if you disagree but don't want to rant over it and avoid ugly fights..vote down and move on

The main problem Manny, it was being abused. I mean helpful posts being voted down.

The voting system in principle is fine. But as Julian points out it was being abused.

We clearly were not ready for it.

One thing is sure: If PMDG don't go to P3D soon, they will be in a very delicate position...

P3D V2.0 with DX11 is coming next week and I see here and there that there will be a rush to this new SW. It seems that in fact P3d is becoming mature and it is the beginning of the end for FSX...

Just my opinion.

Patrice.

Patrice Dubois

Eventually someone will get it working for P3d.

Are you advocating cracking the 777? You are aware using this would be unlawful?

One thing is sure: If PMDG don't go to P3D soon, they will be in a very delicate position...

Well... they seem to be so either way. Allow P3D outright? Risk involving wrath of Boeing. Allow it "silently"? Well, given the situation with NGX, clearly this would not be due dilligence..
Disallow P3D? Feel the trolls. Truly a no-win situation I wouldn't want to be in.

P3D V2.0 with DX11 is coming next week and I see here and there that there will be a rush to this new SW. It seems that in fact P3d is becoming mature and it is the beginning of the end for FSX...

Software wise... it was ready for a long time... the problems are elsewhere.

I agree and it sounded like a good idea at the time. It will be gone in less than 5 minutes in its entirety including the up votes.

Thanks Tom.

Are you advocating cracking the 777? You are aware using this would be unlawful?

(...)

Now you know why PMDG let this thread run in their own forum:

Lots of opportunities for people to embarrass themselves ...

Ha, works for me! Now I can just scroll through the threads, and look for the posts with the eye-catching red square to read; those posts are usually the correct ones!

haha - I can't say that categorically (I've been wrong more than a few times), but it definitely seemed like the correct responses were too real for people, I guess.  And no, I'm not specifically referring to my own.

Well Kyle, for every vote down, I have voted up, and even have cancelled some out to some of your posts.

Much appreciated!

Glad to see the Care Bears sig back Kyle and keep telling it like it is. I always enjoy your insightful posts as there isn't a trace of sugar coating to be found, just the facts. Are you sure you weren't a lawyer at one point...those look like some pretty expensive Ray Bans in your avatar

Just the facts...perhaps a rant or two...or five...but no lack in detail right?  Haha.  Thanks!

Honestly, my mom always gives me a bunch of crap for not going to law school with how I'm always in a debate with someone.  As far as the RayBans go, I actually paid $0 for them.  Worked at a flight school that did a lot of international pilot training.  Their first exposure to aviation tended to be Top Gun, so they all showed up with aviators, and tended to leave them around the dispatch desk.  Those still there after 30 days ended up going home with me.

Now Kyle... I wasn't drinking Mountain Dew... I drink Coke. Regular Coke.

The dew drinker is Paul- and he doesn't like when i sit here in the dark munching on the doritos- so you know he wasn't involved...

haha - I was confused for a second, because I didn't remember Coke on the order last time...only Dr. Pepper...and then I remembered Dave's serves Pepsi.

The Clipper probably doesn't like you munching on Doritos, either.  Crumbs attract birds...evil, berry-eating, tail-sitting fowl.

Kyle Rodgers