Sign in to follow this  
enid_b

Please read the manual

At least try. I know there is a lot to cover, but the answers are all there for you to see. Dead simples. Plus you might learn the answers to some other stuff whilst you are there.

I find the easiest way for me is to load them up on my phone and tablet that way I have them anywhere. When I get some spare time throughout the day I can just start reading.

I am finding the FCOM and FCTM manuals a big taxing to read, not the length but the format.  I pity line pilots for having to read such dry subject matter.

Here's what I mean by way of contrast:

http://utem.com/

spacer.png

FCTM manuals

There's a manual for the FCTM?  :Big Grin:

(sorry, being my normal OC self - Flight Crew Training Manual Manual?)

In all honesty, I wouldn't read the FCOM unless you're looking for something specific.  Graze through the FCTM.  Read the Intro Manual and Tutorial in depth.

Kyle Rodgers

How do I print the manual to paper?? Seems the PDFs are password protected thus preventing them from being printed.

Are we expected to take in a 800 to 1232 page document on-screen? Really?

Are we expected to take in a 800 to 1232 page document on-screen? Really?

You do know you can flip the pages "on screen" dont you? Or you would rather destroy a tree by printing 1300 pages?

Where can I find the intro manual? I am not at home this week as my mom is visiting from CT and I am staying at my brothers. I installed the 777 day after release but havent been home since. Anywhere I can download it? I checked out the pmdg web site but its not listed there yet. Thanks!

Kacper Nowotynski

You do know you can flip the pages "on screen" dont you? Or you would rather destroy a tree by printing 1300 pages?

Can I pencil the odd note, and place the screen in a handy ringbinder? Don't talk tosh, son.

As you're a fan of a behemoth that burns gas at FL410 don't pretend to be an eco-warrior, either.

It's just more pettiness by PMDG. They obviously think I can't be trusted to print out the manual for my enjoyment. Just think of all the wrongdoing I could achieve with a printed manual from a videogame addon! 

Where can I find the intro manual?

It's on your hard drive after installing the aircraft...

FSX Folder > PMDG > 777 folder > Manuals (or Documents, or something else obvious like that)

That or Start Menu - look for Operations Center

Kyle Rodgers

I'm amazed that about 80% of the questions in the thread have answers in the manual. Does anyone read them anymore? Reading? Like understanding letters off a page? You don't want to read the whole thing? Then use something called a search function within the PDF to find what your looking for. Its fast and easy.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Yep: Save the trees - read the pdf's!

Where can I find the intro manual? I am not at home this week as my mom is visiting from CT and I am staying at my brothers. I installed the 777 day after release but havent been home since. Anywhere I can download it? I checked out the pmdg web site but its not listed there yet. Thanks!

No such luck: They only come with the installer.