Sign in to follow this  
NathJones1990

no 2D Cockpit

Hi There

I am very unhappy to find out there is no 2D cockpit included with this product like with the 737NGX and 747X

As i would expect with PMDG the product in general is amazing however for me it is unplayable as i fly all my aircraft with the 2D cockpit.

When i use the virtual cockpit i cannot see all the buttons etc clearly and could be pressing anything! Therefore at the moment this is £60/$90 wasted!

I hope that a 2D cockpit will be available by the next update otherwise i don't know what to do! Does anyone else feel this way?

Thanks

Nath

I hate to say it this way but if you had done research you would have known there is no 2d cockpit. That has been the case for ages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

Hi There

I am very unhappy to find out there is no 2D cockpit included with this product like with the 737NGX and 747X

As i would expect with PMDG the product in general is amazing however for me it is unplayable as i fly all my aircraft with the 2D cockpit.

When i use the virtual cockpit i cannot see all the buttons etc clearly and could be pressing anything! Therefore at the moment this is £60/$90 wasted!

I hope that a 2D cockpit will be available by the next update otherwise i don't know what to do! Does anyone else feel this way?

Thanks

Nath

I will admit, it doesn't explicitly state anywhere that a 2D cockpit isn't included. You would've had to be here on the forums to see the torrent of 2D cockpit questions before release. 

Now that you bought it, it is at least worth giving EZDok a try. Even though it is payware, it has made the VC more usable to myself; a 2D flyer. 

Therefore at the moment this is £60/$90 wasted!

That's what it looks like. There will never be a 2D Panel for the 777.

Michael Cubine

What else is there to say?

This has been discussed to death over the last 2 years. Plenty of information a simple search would have turned up.

You didn't do your homework before spending the cash.

Sorry but any consumer is responsible for learning about what they buy.

The product page doesn't say it includes a full 2D panel set, and none of the screenshots show any full 2D sets, which has been the case for earlier releases (Md-11, NGX).

I hate to say it this way but if you had done research you would have known there is no 2d cockpit. That has been the case for ages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always do research especially with this money involved but i never saw anywhere that there was no 2D cockpit and as with the 737 and 747 you kind of expect it!

PMDG hasn't had 2D cockpits for a few years now...just 2D pop-ups; no reason to think that trend would change. Personally, I couldn't imagine ever going back to 2D...seems kinda archaic.

Why would anyone want to fly this beautiful bird with those unrealistic flat 2d panels lol.

I will admit, it doesn't explicitly state anywhere that a 2D cockpit isn't included. You would've had to be here on the forums to see the torrent of 2D cockpit questions before release. 

Now that you bought it, it is at least worth giving EZDok a try. Even though it is payware, it has made the VC more usable to myself; a 2D flyer. 

Thanks for the reply, i may have to give this a try! i can see many replies saying 'should have done your homework' etc. I always go through products before buying them, but like you say it never said that there wouldn't be a 2D cockpit and this is something that you expect as standard! I have only just joined avsim today as i am so unhappy with this! so i wouldnt have known about it! very unhappy man :( thanks for your help anyway

Nath

I'm sorry, it's your fault. Developer never said the product contain 2d panels at the product's official page.

Why would anyone want to fly this beautiful bird with those unrealistic flat 2d panels lol.

Because they want, it's not our job to judge.

Thanks for the reply, i may have to give this a try! i can see many replies saying 'should have done your homework' etc. I always go through products before buying them, but like you say it never said that there wouldn't be a 2D cockpit and this is something that you expect as standard! I have only just joined avsim today as i am so unhappy with this! so i wouldnt have known about it! very unhappy man :( thanks for your help anyway

Nath

Well, 2D panels haven't been "standard" for a number of developers for awhile now. In any case, EZDok is one option, OpusFSX is another, plus there are some free options. At the far $$ end, there's TrackIR. Also, right-clicking in the cockpit gives you a choice of cockpit locations to view.

As mentioned by the OP PMDG's 2nd latest release, the NGX, still featured 2D panels.

BUT:

In the T7 all relevant buttons can be pressed using 2D popups (except for the overhead):

- CDUs

- MCP

- radios

- EFIS

- display switcher

Furthermore all MFDs/DUs are available as 2D popups as well.