Sign in to follow this  
sidh

Experience ruined by its FPS!

Guys, 
I am sorry to state that my expierence is getting ruined because I am getting very unstable FPS with PMDG 777.

I used Kostas tweaks and refreshed new CFG also I played with performance settings in FMC but it's very unstable in cruise it goes to 18FPS than again to 40.. It's just not at like NGX like FPS ..

I have no clue how beta testers claimed it to be very FPS friendly

It's not fun to fly it any more seeing that fps and I don't want my 90 bucks to go like that.

If you have any tweaks do share .

1y329d.jpg

Are you using the 1/2 refresh rate option in Nvidia Inspector ?

Negative sir my nvidia Vsync is of.

1y329d.jpg

running multiple threads will make it difficult to follow anything properly

ZORAN

Sidh,

It is not the plane's fault.  Kostas is a great help.  If your system in not fast enough you have to dial down autogen and cloud draw distances.  You may have to lower your water. You do not need your frame rate set above 30 fps.

Negative sir my nvidia Vsync is of.

then you are not using Word Not Allowed's tweaks. I found that his tweaks works excelent, but needs not to be just partial applied. 

I use vsync tweak and it works with 777. 

Try to set displays refresh rates to 15, some of them are not set by default, which means they are on "unlimited" refresh rate. Just add 15 for all of them. For some people 8 worked better then 15

Should be same as the NGX or better.  You might want to save for FSX.cfg and go to the DX10 thread and follow Paul's instructions step by step.  If it works great, if not then you have your old cfg file to go back to.  I use DX10 and it works perfect with the PMDG777 and the NGX.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

"Try to set displays refresh rates to 15, some of them are not set by default, which means they are on "unlimited" refresh rate. Just add 15 for all of them. For some people 8 worked better then 15"

What do you mean, where is this setting ?   Thanks

Rich Sennett

"Try to set displays refresh rates to 15, some of them are not set by default, which means they are on "unlimited" refresh rate. Just add 15 for all of them. For some people 8 worked better then 15"

In the PMDG Simulation options in the FMC. There is a section for performance. This has he refresh rates for the displays. Most are set to 15 by default, but the PFD and ND is blanked out. This means they are unlimited. This affects overall performance. Set them to match the others.

Tom Cain

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

i used image from another thread to save some time - here you can see only PFD and ND have refresh rate set. The rest are to not set. I have all of them set to 15, after i did that - FPS are definitely better then NGX. 

3f2bdd960f92ae5c7bc2cidsvh.png

If you want the best smoothness enable VSync in NVIDIA Inspector and set it to 1/2 refresh rate. Leave VSync mode on standard. Word Not Allowed's guide says you need to use the internal FPS limiter, but as this option also reduces FPS it might not be ideal for you. However, in PMDG planes there is a way of achieving the smoothness WITHOUT any FPS limiter. Therefore you have to set the displays refresh rate inside the PMDG Options menu to 60 for al displays. You can use 15 FPS too if you want to gain FPS but then you would be forced to use the internal limiter 30 FPS again to achieve the same smoothness. So I find the best compromise to be to use NO FPS limiter and set the displays refresh rate to 60.

Please note you'll only see the effect of the tweak if you maintain 30 FPS. If you need more FPS overall, add this to your fsx.CFG:

[bufferPools]

PoolSize=0

For the rest the PMDG 777 does indeed appear to be harder on FPS. But there's a good chance that will change with the next service pack.

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9300 met Tapatalk