Sign in to follow this  

Hi there,

so after 30 some years of using PC's I finally had the guts to overclock, well kinda - since I haven't kept up with how to do it manually I used gigabyte's touch bios and did an "automatic" quickboost from 3.3 to 4.4 and the results are remarkable.

I was just wondering what advice on free temp monitoring tools you guys have, and what temps can be considered normal with this kind of modest oc. I'm running a gigabyte z68x-ud4-b3 with an i5-2500K (stock 3.3 ghz)?

I just did a short testflight in the PMDG T7 from FSDT's KJFK (30 minutes only though) and it never dipped below 30 FPS with about 25% traffic and my cpu temps were in the mid/high 50's C (I used touch bios to monitor temps, but I don't know if I can trust that app to track temps).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Pete

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Thanks guys, any tips on what temp range is normal in oc'd environment for FSX? I did google and found lots of info but wanted to see what FSX users suggest as that's all I use my PC for.

Cheers,

Pete

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Thanks guys, any tips on what temp range is normal in oc'd environment for FSX? I did google and found lots of info but wanted to see what FSX users suggest as that's all I use my PC for.

Cheers,

Pete

Don't go over 80o Celsius, and you should be fine.

Cheers,

Pete

What CPU cooler are you using?

Don't go over 80o Celsius, and you should be fine.

Don't go over 80 degrees in a stress test like Prime95 rather.

Temp in FSX will be lower.

80 degrees in FSX is too hot.