Sign in to follow this  
MichaelMoe

You know the FSX issue with sound (engine) ? Q-twice

Well i was spotting on another forum a tweak to overcome this behaviour (on a particular aircraft) we know in FSX were the engines would be on when swicthing views or simular (also in cold and dark) and thought maybe PMDG would look into this also ?

http://www.flythemaddog.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=9297&hl=dx10

Seems like FSX gets confused with identically sound entrys or something like that :-)

Michael Moe

What's with the finding of "issues" where there aren't any. Just fly the thing.

This is just my opinion. You are free to not fly the thing should you find that more convenient.

Omar Josef
737/757/767

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that was a Maddog sound issue only. I've never seen it with any other aircraft. In fact, I've never seen it with the Maddog except under certain circumstances when the aircraft isn't loaded as it was designed to be.

But seriously, I thank you for your time and the effort in researching something for yourself and then sharing it.  Keep that up, we need lots and lots more of that in the community. Stay inquisitive!

Dave

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

well it only takes a look in the PMDG NGX manual to realise they do know this common issues with FSX and sound so maybe

some more qualified people would give a common on this ?.

You know the thing in cold and dark were you would switch from outside view to inside VC would give you 100% engine sound or simular situation.

Maybe this guy has found a solution to that in FSX thats all....

Michael Moe 

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that was a Maddog sound issue only. I've never seen it with any other aircraft. In fact, I've never seen it with the Maddog except under certain circumstances when the aircraft isn't loaded as it was designed to be.

I've seen this problem with a few other aircraft, although the only one I can think of in my head right now is the Just Flight L-1011.

Edit: I think this affects the PMDG 747 as well, at least for me anyway.

It affects the NGX for me... Haven't bought the T7 yet sadly... so don't know if it affects the T7.

The solution is also in the NGX introduction manual. Just Q twice, as said in the topic name.

How hard could that be? :-)

No, please, wait, stop!

The "fix" the OP was talking about, was a "fix" for a perceived Maddog specific problem.

Close topic.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

You missed post number 3. :P

Dave Hodges

You missed post number 3. :P

It makes no mention of "Q twice". Care to elaborate on what it is?

Q-twice is fix for this issue, which is very common, I have it with NGX and other aircraft.

I have the same issue,Q-twice solves the problem :-)

Rado

Rado

i7 4770K@4,1Ghz HT on since release of MSFS
1080 Ti 11GB 
32GB DDR3 RAM
Samsung SSDs

By default, the Q key is assigned to "shutting off/on" the sound in FSX.  Sort of a mute button I guess.  So, pressing it once shuts off the sound and then pressing it again, turns sound back on.  This cycling of the sound off/on helps resolve this issue that the OP is talking about.

I too have this happen in the NGX.  It seems to have started after I installed FSINN and its various components to fly online on Vatsim.  Though, I must say I haven't done a lot of looking into it to say for sure.  That was just the biggest change to my install around the time I started noticing this problem.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

By default, the Q key is assigned to "shutting off/on" the sound in FSX.  Sort of a mute button I guess.  So, pressing it once shuts off the sound and then pressing it again, turns sound back on.  This cycling of the sound off/on helps resolve this issue that the OP is talking about.

I too have this happen in the NGX.  It seems to have started after I installed FSINN and its various components to fly online on Vatsim.  Though, I must say I haven't done a lot of looking into it to say for sure.  That was just the biggest change to my install around the time I started noticing this problem.

I found that pressing (P) Pause will also cure this sound issue. Iv'e been doing it for the last 2 years already. It does happen to me in the NGX as well. 

Cheers,

Sante Sottile

I found that pressing (P) Pause will also cure this sound issue. Iv'e been doing it for the last 2 years already. It does happen to me in the NGX as well. 

Cheers,

Yeah, I guess that would probably do the same thing as far as the sound is concerned.  The benefit of the Q key is that the sim doesn't get paused.  You just have the moment where there is no sound but your flight continues on un-interrupted.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024