Sign in to follow this  
red259

Vox not working properly

Did you try?

Lost interest?

I don't have EFB for the time being since the trial period expired. I will be purchasing it in the future I'm sure. When I did the plans via the method you described by using EFB I didn't have a problem with Vox, but doing it manually has created issues. At this point what I end up doing is creating a flight plan via the websites mentioned and then loading it into fsx and then letting fsx recreate the plan. Then I try to modify it to match up with the flight plan I wanted. Its not a very good solution but many of the waypoints are the same so it allows me to use vox and load a plan into the FMC. I am hoping when I go back to EFB there is no issue. 

Good to hear from you!

I mentioned the EFB "solution" because I thought you have it. EFB isn't really a flightplanner it just has a link to Routefinder. Otherwise it's a must (I think)!

A good flightplanner is another must. I use FSbuild. If you don't have any you might have a look at PFPX.

Well, FSX isn't exactly a cheap hobby.

Regards,

Andreas Gutzwiller

Good to hear from you!

I mentioned the EFB "solution" because I thought you have it. EFB isn't really a flightplanner it just has a link to Routefinder. Otherwise it's a must (I think)!

A good flightplanner is another must. I use FSbuild. If you don't have any you might have a look at PFPX.

Well, FSX isn't exactly a cheap hobby.

Yea, "cheap" is not a word that comes to mind when I think of FSX!

Yes, I tried that but it says I am not permitted to upload this kind of file. The file is a .pln and then I zipped it so the second file is .zip.

Try uploading the file to a file service like Mediafire and then post a link to the file here?

Just paid for the efb license key. Apparently it can take up to 24 hours to receive it, so I will let you know the results to see if it resolves the vox problem.

I just mentioned EFB because in the opening post red254 said:

"I used to use EFB with the 737ngx and didn't have a problem with vox."

(Although he obviously he had only the trial version).

So if he didn't have any problems with the 737NGX using EFB as a flightplanner it should work with the 777 also. I tested that!

Let's see how he makes out.

I still think a good flightplanner is a must.

Regards,

Andreas Gutzwiller

Well I just activated the efb and setting up a flightplan through it worked fine with vox. Not sure why that is as everything is being saved in the same folders as before etc, but it is what it is. Unfortunately, EFB is giving me a hard time and not letting me run the display portion on my laptop, so I am stuck running the display on my desktop with the fsx program. Computers are networked together so its unclear to me why my laptop is being denied access to the EFB folder, especially when it appears that my sharing options are all on, but that's a whole other issue. What would a good flightplanner program add to my experience?  

Well I just activated the efb and setting up a flightplan through it worked fine with vox. Not sure why that is as everything is being saved in the same folders as before etc, but it is what it is. Unfortunately, EFB is giving me a hard time and not letting me run the display portion on my laptop, so I am stuck running the display on my desktop with the fsx program. Computers are networked together so its unclear to me why my laptop is being denied access to the EFB folder, especially when it appears that my sharing options are all on, but that's a whole other issue. What would a good flightplanner program add to my experience?

I agree with Agutz that a good flightplanner is important.

Especially for creating a flightplan for VoxATC with correct SID and STAR entries.

I have an issue with VOX ATC 6.05; unfortunately i contacted  Tegwyn at VTC ; sent him a support file; he asked if it was an auto-tune thing - which i don't know so and he just simply stopped responding. I select the 777 livery i want - typically BA or Virgin, select departure- typically EGLL or EGKK, select the departure gate,  load a flight plan - say EGLL - KEWR, l press fly now. The aircraft is loaded. I then load the flight plan into VOX ATC flight plan extras. Enable and VOX initiates it says tune atis when i press "k" for first officer to tune there is no atis broadcast  - after about 10 minutes it might occasionally go to clearance but normally nothing. I have tried manual tuning and that does not work.

this only happens on the PMDG 777;  does anyone have any ideas - its ruining  the 777 experience for me.

Hi, seems that you didn't load the same NAVDATA for all your add-ons.

Try to use the same navdata for all.....Check VOXATC NAVDATA folder is correctly assingned. It's very..very important to check that.

Marco Aurelio

Hi all:

Ive got a problem. Im using voxatc with fsx. after creating and saving a flight in fsx, I fly now. enable voxatc and listen to ATIS and so on. all is well. after a while of responding to Voxatc by using the space bar, I have to hold the space bar, respond vocally, then hit the spacebar again to get Vox to receive my response. it works fine for a while with just using the spacebar as PTT, but all of a sudden it will not accept my response unless I respond vocally and have to release the space bar and press it again. Sometimes, it acts that way from the beginning of the flight when I first enable it, other times it starts acting up in the middle of the flight. Has anyone had this problem and resolved it. I've tried everything. Even after planning a new flight, I thought it might be the flight, it still does it intermittently. Hope someone can help. It is difficult trying to land and having to respond and then hit spacebar again, it gets really crazy. Otherwise, I love it. this seems to have started after I updated from 6 to 6.5 and continues even updating to now 6.49.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program and updated it. No good. still happens. Im at a loss.