Sign in to follow this  
FlyGuy42

Adding Parking Code Functionality to the Ops Centre

Hello,

I was wondering if it would be possible to implement a parking code functionality into the Operations Centre. I tried editing the aircraft.cfg manually on the NGX and adding the "atc_parking_codes" parameter, but this seems to mess up the alphabetical sorting of the liveries in FSX. I'd imagine it does the same thing on the 777 as well.

It would be nice if there was a way to manually enter parking codes into the Ops Centre which then makes the necessary changes to the aircraft.cfg. It can get a bit tedious at times when ATC assigns you a parking spot at the complete opposite end of the airport to where you would normally park.

Any thoughts on this?

Regards.

I think you need to use airport design editor to change each parking spot to the proper airline.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Jim, I'm afraid you've misunderstood me. The airports I use all have correctly assigned parking spots in their AFCADs. The thing is, since there are no parking codes associated with the PMDG liveries (the "atc_parking_codes" parameter is missing in the aircraft.cfg), ATC does not assign me the correct parking.

Regards.

ATC parking codes don't work for the user's aircraft. ATC will assign you a parking spot thats next in the list no matter what parking code you entered. It's sad but true. The only way to get a proper gate is changing the order of the gates in the airport file (there's a list which contains all gates and ATC will always assign you the next available gate). However, parking codes do work for AI aircrafts...

ATC parking codes don't work for the user's aircraft. ATC will assign you a parking spot thats next in the list no matter what parking code you entered

Absolutely correct - been that way since the AI subsystem was first introduced.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

ATC parking codes don't work for the user's aircraft. ATC will assign you a parking spot thats next in the list no matter what parking code you entered. It's sad but true. The only way to get a proper gate is changing the order of the gates in the airport file (there's a list which contains all gates and ATC will always assign you the next available gate). However, parking codes do work for AI aircrafts...

False, the syntax has to be correct and it will work, been using it for years to get atc to direct me to the correct airline gate as long as one is available that matches both the size and parking code.

There's a tutorial by David Opa Marshall in the library that tells how to do it. The reason it doesnt work for some is because they put atc parking code rather than atc parking codes.

Jim B

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

There's a tutorial by David Opa Marshall in the library that tells how to do it. The reason it doesnt work for some is because they put atc parking code rather than atc parking codes.

You are spot on Jim. Even Umberto @ FSDT  recommends putting a code into aircraft cfg to make sure correct services turn up @ gate.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Rog Stryx Z790-A,  Intel i9-14900KF,  Asus ROG Ryujin III 360 , Asus Hyperion Case,Rog Stryx 4090 OC, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD,64Gb G Skill Memory, Asus Aura 1200W Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG C4 48" 4K OLED Screen., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I know how to implement parking codes into the .cfg file as I have done this with freeware planes many times before. It works perfectly with the FSX ATC.

The thing is, once you add the line to the file, the Livery Manager/Ops Centre no longer sorts the aircraft liveries alphabetically and starts putting them after that last livery you install. That's what I was getting at.

My feeling is that if this line was added automatically to the .cfg by the Livery Manager/Ops Centre, we wouldn't have this problem.

Regards.