Sign in to follow this  
Chris Zubris

Simple Question Sirs...

Sirs, Just purchased the B777 great ! Looking through the Manuals and can't find how to get into 2D Mode, could someone hint me ? Running mint on my Machine... Thank You CLZ..

Hmmm can't help but think here we go again. 

I hope I am wrong.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

Sirs, Is there any Update, Patch, or Package that might be able to created a 2D Panel ? Or is 2D gone. Do you know any Tutorial's on using the PMDG programs in 3D Mode ? Thank You ?

Hmmm can't help but think here we go again.

Correct, sadly.

Wrote a post yesterday regarding the fact that few people (world wide, in all forums not just Flight Sim) ever search for an answer before posting.  In think they're now teaching it in schools - Internationally. In fact, I think it's part of the agenda of the New World Order, to distract us from what they're doing.

As I said in my other post, I don't blame the OP. He's just doing what everyone else does.

Dave

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Sirs, Is there any Update, Patch, or Package that might be able to created a 2D Panel ?

No.

Or is 2D gone.

Yes.

Do you know any Tutorial's on using the PMDG programs in 3D Mode ?

I'll have one on YouTube sometime this week, hopefully, but for now:

There are built-in camera views that at very much like the 2D panels.  You can cycle through these using the A key while in the VC mode.

Kyle Rodgers

Is this an organised activity by 2D lovers today or what? :)

FWIW - 2D panels are not easy to make, and they are not quick to make. In essence, they are quite expensive to make, and there are not a lot of people who prefer 2D that much around.

Hi,

I used to love 2D and hate 3D - PMDG "forced" me to change this with the JS41. I use EZDOK to make some custom views of the cockpit and I have a keyboard with programmable keys (Logitech G11) which allows me to map those views to some keys. With this, I use the 3D pretty much like a 3D but I can look around much more naturely using the hat switch. This means you need to get EZDOK on top of the already not so cheap 777, but you can use EZDOK with other add-ons.

Happy flying,

Olivier

Do you know any Tutorial's on using the PMDG programs in 3D Mode ? Thank You ?

Yes, there is a tutorial. Here it is:

1. Buy TrackIR (and/or EZCA)

2. Load 777

3. Fly

Yes, there is a tutorial. Here it is:

1. Buy TrackIR (and/or EZCA)

2. Load 777

3. Fly

Alternate tutorial ( :P):

1. Buy 2nd monitor (cheaper than TrackIR and usable for viewing pdf's and browsing AVSIM in flight)

2. Load 777

3. Fly in mixed configuration - main monitor fixed VC view (Captain's glareshield view), secondary monitor for a variety of 2D popups: EFIS, MCP, DSP, (left) CDU, lower DU

FalconBMS dispensed with 2d pits and panels over 2 years ago.  Nothing new.  And quite correct to not waste precious development resources on this IMHO.  You wont find any such in DCSW jets either BTW.

spacer.png