Sign in to follow this  
airernie

Sadly, the A2A C172 remain unflyable for me

Call this a statement of defeat if nothing else.

I've tried both updates and changing the elevator_effectiveness and still keeping the A2A C172R under control in the air has remained elusive. I've recalibrated the rudder, yoke, etc. with FSUIPC4.

The patches did help with the problems I had with the nose rising on take off and changing the elevator_effectiveness had some, but not a enough effect on the porpoising. 

Still it feels a hundred harder to keep under control than the multiple real C172s that I've flown.

For those of you who have it working and are loving the flight experience then I envy you and wish you many, many happy hours of virtual flying.   For me, it's uninstalled and back to the Carenado C172N while waiting patiently for the RealAir C172.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

For me it helped to not use FSUIPC for elevator axis. Just set this axis up in the FSX controls dialogue. The FSUIPC Calibrated Elevator was WAY to sensitive for me. Oh, and don't fiddle in the config file because it makes things even worse. Also make sure that you install the latest patch 1.22 released today. Use the Shift+3 Panel tu finetune.

Ah a new patch!  Will let the frustration ease and try one more time.  BTW, is there any concensus on whether the C172R responds better to a CH or Saitek yoke? 

Yeah, I know GoFlight, PFC are better quality, but I'm semi-retired and a professional level yoke ain't gonna happen unless someone wants to give me one. :-)

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

Just to be sure; have you checked your w&b?

One of my flights I put in way to much weight in the back and found myself in a very hard to control Cessna right after lifting off.

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

airernie,

This is one of those things that, if we were to meet at a developer's conference, could be sorted in just minutes of being side by side.  It's the "show me" factor that we still don't have in our virtual world.  If you still have issues with the controllers, I would be happy to setup a skype video conference with you if you have a laptop or smartphone with a camera.  You could then fly the plane while I watch and we could just talk while you are flying.  I not only want to fix this for you, but learn what it is with your style or setup that you are finding difficult to control.

If you are able, just PM me your info and I'll send you mine, and we can set something up.

Scott.

• Upvote 3

I am using a CH Eclipse yoke and just have not any of the control problems that I have been hearing about. I have installed all the updates, including v.1.022 today. This latest one gives a quite realistic pull to the left on take-off - realistic as meaning it takes a bit of right rudder to keep her straight.

I hope that if you install this patch it will help your flying the C172.

Good Luck!

Lyn

airernie,

This is one of those things that, if we were to meet at a developer's conference, could be sorted in just minutes of being side by side.  It's the "show me" factor that we still don't have in our virtual world.  If you still have issues with the controllers, I would be happy to setup a skype video conference with you if you have a laptop or smartphone with a camera.  You could then fly the plane while I watch and we could just talk while you are flying.  I not only want to fix this for you, but learn what it is with your style or setup that you are finding difficult to control.

If you are able, just PM me your info and I'll send you mine, and we can set something up.

Scott.

Wow Scott!  Thank you.  That's extremely generous.  I'll get in touch with you after I setup my camera and skype.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

Can we get this unique support from any other 3pd?

Only A2A, I believe :-)

Anyway, for me the experience is quite the opposite.  Each new release brings up the absolutely remarkable quality of this model.

I am specially enjoying the new prop effects, and the aircraft, as a whole, is actually occupying more of my simmer flight time than PMDG's 777 and DCS's Mi-8 together :-)

I really hope you can sort it out as soon as possible Ernie!!!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

My recommendation is to not use FSUIPC for the yoke or rudder, reset the calibration for your controls to default in Windows, and set the sensitivity to 50% in FSX for your yoke and rudder. It flies very nicely for me following this procedure.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

My recommendation is to not use FSUIPC for the yoke or rudder, reset the calibration for your controls to default in Windows, and set the sensitivity to 50% in FSX for your yoke and rudder. It flies very nicely for me following this procedure.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Thanks.. I'll give it a go.  While I appreciate Scott's offer.. I really owe it to both him and me to try and get the hardware working as correct as I can.

I do love the airplane, but I was starting to get seasick. :-)

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

I am using FSUIPC for all axis but throttle ( because of issues with PMDG's 777 ). As a matter of fact, I sarted using it for defining and calibrating the control axis because of this C172, when it was released, and even with the initial release version, using FSUIPC turned the aircraft response OK for me ( it's now perfect, after the patches )!

So... I really don't think FSUIPC can harm...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Using the FSX native Rudder/Yoke settings didn't do much, so it's back to FSUIPC4.  

Steering on the ground is pretty passable since I removed the DynamicFriction line from FSUIPC4.  Still more touchy than I remember from the real C172s that I flew, so may need to experiment with a curve. 

However, I still haven't been able to get the yoke where I want it.  That may be as much a fault of the CH Yoke.  It doesn't have the smoothest movement.  I've considered replacing it with a Saitek Cessna Yoke.

During testing yesterday, after getting it pretty decently trimmed I noticed that if I cut power I went into a steep, steep dive. Add full power and I'm way nose up, climbing for the sky and headed for a stall. Nothing subtle about either of them. 

Somewhere in the process the climb turned into a quasi-tile slide before finally nosing over into a spin.

Today.. more testing. :-)

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

Glad to find this thread and Hi to all. The A2a C172 Professional installed in P3Dv4.1 stalls right after take off making this little bird unflyable. Also, installed in  FSX which is fine, so far …. Any ideas?

Patricio Valdes