Sign in to follow this  
Jim Young

FSDT KORD/Chicago Taxi Light Artifacts

I have not seen this posted yet.  There's a lot of discussions on-going since the release of Steve's DX10 Fixer and it's hard to keep up on all the fixes.  I just checked out FSDT KORD and there still is a small issue with the taxiway and runway green lights.  As you can see the lights appear (they use to be covered with a grey or white block); however, there is some black remnants sounding each light.  Just wondering if this is what others are seeing too.  Perhaps I didn't configure my DX10 Fixer properly.  Thanks. 

If this is what others are seeing I have no problems with it.  At least you can see the green lights and taxi.

Best regards,

Jim

lfYUn.jpg

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Move the slider one notch to the left, Jim. That should fix it.

If not we can take it up with Steve.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Move the slider one notch to the left, Jim. That should fix it.

If not we can take it up with Steve.

This fixes the issue for me...everything looks great.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Jim, I have it at KORD and KLAS. KDFW is fine. I think I remember them saying that KDFW was created using a newer technique or something. They are supposed to be in eh process of updating all of their airports.

Danny

Hi Paul. Moving the slider one notch didn't fix it for me. I had to go to the second notch, so I put it back and I'll leave well enough alone and live with it. Unless someone comes up with something.  :)

Danny

Hi Danny - so it works in the second notch - is there a problem in using that?

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Hi Paul,

It just didn't look right for some reason. Of course the ole eyes could have been playing tricks on me. I'll do it again today and see if it's ok. I'll get back to you.

Danny

Paul,

While in the Legacy Shader config tab, I accidentally hit the DX10 Compatible Reflections button and it disabled it and received the following error. I also receive this error on entry back into Legacy Shader config tab and when I try to enable the DX10 Compatible Reflections. It will not re-enable. When I get some time, I'll reinstall.  

envmap.bmp is not recognized. (0)

System Error was 0

Danny

OK, Danny - I'l pass this one to Steve.. :(

If you think he may want to try something, I can hold off on the reinstall for a little bit.

Danny

Great - Steve just emailed me - he will be in touch shortly.