Sign in to follow this  
moss1

Is DX10Fixer just that easy to set up and go?

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "DX-10 Discussions, Hints and Help". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

FPS @ 40 is not necessary.

Well...it might be. I run 40 locked as it is smoother on the eyes when running trackIR.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

That all seems straightforward Teddy. Except the bold assumption that everyone has an nVidia card and the world famous Inspector!

Thanx Ron, I was just going to ask the same thing.

What about those of us who use a ATI card?

Any advise will be appreciated.

4. Install the fixer.  Note that you can install the fixer anywhere on any drive on your computer.  Do not get messed up with the message that shows up when the installer prompts you to for a FS location on the computer.  This is a message error which Steve confirmed to me.

I actually did get 'messed up' by this message and changed the path to program files(x86)\microsoft games\Flight Simulator X

Are you saying that doesn't matter anyway?

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

I had all sorts of issues until Paul sent me his cfg and nip files. Then it came together quite quickly. 

I actually did get 'messed up' by this message and changed the path to program files(x86)\microsoft games\Flight Simulator X

Are you saying that doesn't matter anyway?

You probably know this already, Antoine, but your FSX programme can be installed anywhere on any hard drive, right? - it's your call when you are installing it.

However on the intial install it suggests that you install it in:-

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X    This is default.

.Well, that's not the best place, as YOU don't own that folder - the system itself does, and that creates all kinds of permissions problems when it comes to "managing" FSX.

When installing most new programmes - the programme reads what is written to the registry, and the DX10 Fixer is no different. That might not, however, be the place where FSX is at this moment - maybe you've moved it to some other drive, yesterday, and didn't fix the path - that's why Steve gives this option. If that folder is wrong - you can fix this by browsing to the correct folder. The Fixer will then know where to install it's libraries. ok! :smile:

All the Best,

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

However on the intial install it suggests that you install it in:-

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X    This is default.

No it doesn't.the installer suggested c:\program files\DX10fixer

(or whatever the exact name of the tool is)

with the comment that i had better check that this corresponded to my main FSX folder first

...so i changed the path

EDIT: i see now that you may have been referring to installing FSX itself (and not about installing the fix) when mentioning the initial install path. Still, the suggested path for fixer installation and its advice are contradicting

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

Cheers to you as well Ron!  Glad to be of help for a change :-)

Best, Jeff

should be enabled but the button says Disable which means it IS enabled.

Jim, I missed that and was wondering why some of my nav lights were not working......IF you set it correctly (disable display means it is ENABLED) it works GREAT..............THANKS Jim and another thanks to Steve..............

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

Config: ASUS Prime Motherboard, RYZEN 5, 32 GB Ram, Radeon RX5700 XT, 2 TB SSD

That all seems straightforward Teddy. Except the bold assumption that everyone has an nVidia card and the world famous Inspector!

I have one qualm left. Is DX10 scared of fullscreen display? My previous foray into DX10 showed a distinct reluctance to display A, on my main monitor and B, in full screen. I had to drag the window back from my side monitor onto my big monitor and then change to full screen. Yes, FSX was exited on full screen.

Hi Ron,

I'm using two monitors and have come to terms with an easier way to handle Full Screen. Once I select my aircraft and FSX starts loading, I click in a blank space on the primary monitor (the one with the loading bar showing), a black "windowed" screen will appear on that monitor. Once loaded, I select ALT+ENTER and I get full screen on my primary. I don't have to drag a window.

This is how it works on my system with "nvidia". Hope this helps you out a little. You mileage may vary.  :smile:

Danny

Nice one Danny, I'll give it a go right now.

Yep! It works a treat. Cheers mate. :good:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.