Sign in to follow this  
XCLTM3

What's next PMDG? B787 maybe?

It'll have everything the 777 has and more.

Stop the teasing....  :lol:

Actually the 744 has a very long life ahead of it as freighter, just like the 747 classics that are still going. We have two DHL 757 freighters out here in Bahrain, however I don't see many other operators turning to the 757 as a viable choice for freight ops. Kinda sad but that's life.

Look on the bright side, for a quarter of a million you can have one sitting in your back garden.

Maybe the 400F full freighters but the BCFs and BDSFs (converted freighters) are getting old fast. It's much more economical to operate the 777F which has a similar load capacity.

Basten Heidema

The only thing tha can top their 777 is a new version of the 747

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Well if Kalitta is anything to go by I can't disagree, there -200 freighters and BCF's are dropping parts all over the globe.

Rob Prest

Sounds good. An updated 747 would be pretty cool as it is a classic now.

Just one question if I may. As I recall in previous posts where PMDG laid out the future products, I believe the DC 6 was slotted somewhere between the 777 and the 747 originally. Has this changed at this point?

By the by to one poster saying the 757's were not favoured by freighter outfits so much now. I understand FedEx is getting rid of the rest of their 727's and going with 757's, as is at least one other outfit. I can't positively confirm this at the moment, but I did read something to that effect in an Air Cargo News magazine. So they aren't dead yet, but they are definitely being phased out from the pax carrier ops as stated.

Thanks much.

Glenn

Interesting question about the DC-6. Without doing a search and if my aging mind remembers correctly, PMDG said the DC-6 was being developed by a different team. If so, how does that affect where it stands in the development order? Earlier, later, or vaporware?

Interesting question about the DC-6. Without doing a search and if my aging mind remembers correctly, PMDG said the DC-6 was being developed by a different team. If so, how does that affect where it stands in the development order? Earlier, later, or vaporware?

It's not being developed by a different team it's a project to keep certain areas of the team busy during slow times.

It's not being developed by a different team it's a project to keep certain areas of the team busy during slow times.

Are you on the development team?

-Bob

Are you on the development team?

Does he have to be? That is almost a direct quote of the company CEO.

Guest BeaverDriver

Does he have to be? That is almost a direct quote of the company CEO.

Unless he is, it's pure conjecture. Can you point me to where that statement was made by PMDG? Either way, the original question remains.

Unless he is, it's pure conjecture. Can you point me to where that statement was made by PMDG? Either way, the original question remains.

Go check out the videos from the Munich conference.

And no I'm not part of PMDG

Unless he is, it's pure conjecture.

It is not a conjecture.

conjecture (countable and uncountableplural conjectures)

1. (formal) A statement or an idea which is unproven, but is thought to be true; a guess. I explained it, but it is pure conjecture whether he understood, or not.
  2. (formal) A supposition based upon incomplete evidence; a hypothesis. The physicist used his conjecture about subatomic particles to design an experiment.
  3. (mathematics, philology) A statement likely to be true based on available evidence, but which has not been formally proven.
  4. (obsolete) Interpretation of signs and omens.

As said, it is almost a word-for-word quote of RSR. Proof enough for the definition not to be fulfilled.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6Oj2o4RMkc

Guest BeaverDriver

"It's not a conjecture"??? Gee, thanks for the English lesson :good:

You did a great job of making my case though, and yes, my term fits perfectly ^_^ . Still waiting to hear it from "the horse's mouth" though, but thanks anyway.

OMG liek y wuld u evr say that? #false #hashtag

LOL

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

"It's not a conjecture"??? Gee, thanks for the English lesson :good:

You did a great job of making my case though, and yes, my term fits perfectly ^_^ . Still waiting to hear it from "the horse's mouth" though, but thanks anyway.

The horses mouth is in the video right above you!