Sign in to follow this  
FlyBoyMike

Possible Bug - Engine Start-Up

Hi Everyone,

Not sure if this has been covered already but there's only 1 small issue I've been having with the 777.

Typically during 'cold & dark' start up I do all the pre-flight and preps and all is OK. Once I begin push-back and engine start up, I proceed to start the right engine and flip the fuel control switch to IDLE and all is fine. I then proceed to start the left engine and immediately after I flip the switch to IDLE I get the warning buzzer sound and master CAUTION light is displayed which I can't get rid of no matter how many times I press the button to cancel it. The only time it goes away is after I've completed the flight and shut the engines down again.

No other warnings are displayed on the EICAS and it doesn't appear to affect anything else in any way so am wondering if I'm doing something wrong or if it is a bug?

They already know about it, its a bug in the cold and dark panel state. You can create your own until they fix it.

They already know about it, its a bug in the cold and dark panel state. You can create your own until they fix it.

OK excellent. Thanks!

OK excellent. Thanks!

Actually, I believe there have been issues reported with some custom panel states as well, but I'm not 100% sure. I do know that the safest bet is to use either the Long or Short Turn panel states.

Actually, I believe there have been issues reported with some custom panel states as well, but I'm not 100% sure. I do know that the safest bet is to use either the Long or Short Turn panel states.

Yes now that you mention it I did see it happen when using one of my custom 'powered' states with GPU/Air Con running.

I've never seen it happen on the 'Short Turn' or default state after shutting down once. Maybe if I load the default state, shut off engines, set it up and save it then it might work?

same here. i established my own Cold and dark setup an it happens in the same way described above... once it flip the left fuel switch there is a caution warning light but nothing on the EICAS.

Not sure if this has been covered already but there's only 1 small issue I've been having with the 777

It has been covered many times in past threads. You might want to try a PMDG 777 Forum search the next time you have an issue.

Michael Cubine

Whenever I save a flight, and try to run it, my gear lever continues to cycle, and I have to reset the flight to get it to stop.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

It has been covered many times in past threads. You might want to try a PMDG 777 Forum search the next time you have an issue.

Michael Cubine

Thanks. But my question has already been answered a week ago.

same here. i established my own Cold and dark setup an it happens in the same way described above... once it flip the left fuel switch there is a caution warning light but nothing on the EICAS.

Try loading up the 'short turn' state, shut down the engines, and set all the panels up for cold & dark or however you want then save it. Whenever you start up engines from now on using this new panel state you should no longer get the MASTER CAUTION warning light come on whenever you start engines.

Actually, from a c&d startup. A L hyd error does pop up on the EICAS for a quick second when you throw the fuel switch to start left eng. I'm not really sure what it says exactly but I caught by chance the other night.

David Warner

David Warner

BetaTeamB.png

I think everytime I start my engines, I get an insufficient fuel message, and they calculated fuel in the PERF INIT page is showing about 60% of the actual fuel... I have to dial in the correct measure now, and then continue the flight...

I always use my own saved panel states and never use cold and dark

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I think everytime I start my engines, I get an insufficient fuel message, and they calculated fuel in the PERF INIT page is showing about 60% of the actual fuel... I have to dial in the correct measure now, and then continue the flight...

I always use my own saved panel states and never use cold and dark

My guess is you saved a panel state like this:

Flew a flight. Shut down the engines. Saved a new panel state that you now use.

The "Fuel used" during that flight is now the "Fuel used" in the panel state you saved.