Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sesquashtoo

An FSX performance 'blanket statement'...

I have discovered, (and mentioned on at least five other threads) that you can achieve full maxed out 30 FPS sustainable FSX performance, with every feature to do with rendering the scene as 'on', and at 75 percent to 100 percent settings, whatever....and have absolutely no CTD's and OOM issues of any kind, no matter HOW LONG your FSX session entails.

It is about SOFTWARE...and not merely hardware produced over the last 4 years. I have a rock-solid, FSX, maxed out as to what ACES. saw their product could achieve and was coded in to render, and without taking away, or adding to my present hardware spec's did this SOLELY by means of software. 

That tells me that I had for years...had the hardware in place to give the performance and stability I have mentioned here.  It is the SOFTWARE that is holding you back...and because of an unintentional 'accident' of sorts...also mentioned, and I assume most know reading this, what I am referencing...it was by that back-door means, that I now have FSX running, the way everybody should have it running. No technical issues, the simulator not crashing, and absolutely stellar, and life-like scene rendering.

It was not done by means of myself upgrading a single flippin' thing....no sir...it was by means of a software Easter Egg, back door event.  So...can you get FSX to run the way any user could only wish it to run, and on any system put together CPU/GPU/Memory in the last 4 years? You bet your socks, you can!!!!   But..it has to come from software 'fixing' whatever obviously is wrong with FSX code. You can't throw money and hardware at it...it will not get you to the train station...

I suggest you read my threads in the DX Fixer forum and see what you can achieve through a totally back door, easter egg, SOFTWARE solution...to FINALLY get FSX to run as a champ, rock steady, and as you could only dream it to be. Can it be achieved?  YOU BET IT CAN!  But not through what would seem to be logical channels at present.  I just put it out there, and whether you wish to believe me, will be your deal.  Steve's DX10 Fixer Program...also impacts DX9, in what way, I do not know, but achieves at the end of the day...a perfectly tuned, perfectly running, and rock stable FSX that produces with all features enabled, in DX9 mode....including the bad boy, Bloom....a sustainable (in REX clouds to boot) 27-30 FPS...and hours upon hours flight if that is your fancy. Others now have also confirmed this sustainability in Bloom FPS performance running under DX9, that was absolutely impossible (as was my high end system...) prior to having purchased, installed, and worked with, the DX10 Fixer program. This is real folks...and can be confirmed on systems besides my own.  Read the threads...work to the end...and play around for yourself. 

FSX can be totally and finally FIXED, not by hardware...but by software!

Back to my flight in the Carib....St. Lucia is looking really nice for some low and slow eye-candy VFR, this morning!

Mitch

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Just wanted to add;  have been running with a LOD setting of 7.5, and this also doesn't seem now to stress FSX out under DX9. Before the software 'fix', anything much past 6.5 could start the OOM cycle.

Oh really?? What ac were you using? What scenery? Look, I in no way wish to dampen your enthusiasm but we don't all use the sim the same way or for the same purposes. I, too, am using the DX-10 Fixer, but coming into PANC last night in the Milviz 732 using OrbX SAK, Aerosoft PANC, autogen at very dense I got an OOM. If you really want to, you can break FSX with whatever magic bullet you think you've discovered.

Keep being enthusiastic Mitch, you're a character around here, and I love reading your rambling threads, but please don't imagine you have found some mystic panacea. It's an improvement - it's not nirvana.

Andy

Well, have yet to have an OOM thank goodness and I use FTX scenery & 3D lights & the PMDG T7 but it does sound interesting what you are describing Mitch.  My free VAS seems to drop down to about 1.2Gb and just stays there and goes no lower.  

I would love to have bloom active w/o the hit if that's really possible.   I only use it when in lighter conditions.  So you say there is some value for D9D users too in terms of bloom?  I've kind of decided to wait and see how P3D 2.0 works before making many more changes now since things are running so well already but maybe it's worth a look, the Fixer that is.

It's an improvement

It's not, at least not on my PC. I'm happy it (whatever it may be) works for Mitch, but this indeed isn't the next miracle tweak. On my PC everything behaves exactly as you would expect it (DX10 performs better than DX9 and bloom lowers fps in DX9).

I've kind of decided to wait and see how P3D 2.0 works before making many more changes now since things are running so well already but maybe it's worth a look, the Fixer that is.

Same here! I really doubted if I should test this new miracle and only did it becomes I had nothing better to do, but I am looking forward to P3D 2.0 and so I won't test any tweaks anymore. The Fixer works nice on my PC and that's fine although I almost regret buying it now P3D 2.0 seems to be so close...

Oh really?? What ac were you using? What scenery? Look, I in no way wish to dampen your enthusiasm but we don't all use the sim the same way or for the same purposes. I, too, am using the DX-10 Fixer, but coming into PANC last night in the Milviz 732 using OrbX SAK, Aerosoft PANC, autogen at very dense I got an OOM. If you really want to, you can break FSX with whatever magic bullet you think you've discovered.

Keep being enthusiastic Mitch, you're a character around here, and I love reading your rambling threads, but please don't imagine you have found some mystic panacea. It's an improvement - it's not nirvana.

Andy

Keep being enthusiastic Mitch, you're a character around here, and I love reading your rambling threads,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A little condescending, bordering on insulting, but to each their own need to express......

Well, have yet to have an OOM thank goodness and I use FTX scenery & 3D lights & the PMDG T7 but it does sound interesting what you are describing Mitch.  My free VAS seems to drop down to about 1.2Gb and just stays there and goes no lower.  

I would love to have bloom active w/o the hit if that's really possible.   I only use it when in lighter conditions.  So you say there is some value for D9D users too in terms of bloom?  I've kind of decided to wait and see how P3D 2.0 works before making many more changes now since things are running so well already but maybe it's worth a look, the Fixer that is.

Bloom is quite a feature, if you can run it.  This 'find' seems to be the vehicle to do just that... :)

It's brill that you're seeing such great results in FSX Mitch, but the risk is that in your post above you're kind of promising the same results to others;  and they might not get them.

I know you refer quite a lot to the fact that you like low & slow stuff Mitch    - what aircraft are you using? .... because it it's mainly things like Carenado products I could well believe the awesome results you're seeing.    But are you using those same Bloom and ultra high settings with things like PMDG aircraft and the Aerosoft Airbus X Extended, Coolsky DC9, etc?

Cheers.

It's brill that you're seeing such great results in FSX Mitch, but the risk is that in your post above you're kind of promising the same results to others;  and they might not get them.

I know you refer quite a lot to the fact that you like low & slow stuff Mitch    - what aircraft are you using? .... because it it's mainly things like Carenado products I could well believe the awesome results you're seeing.    But are you using those same Bloom and ultra high settings with things like PMDG aircraft and the Aerosoft Airbus X Extended, Coolsky DC9, etc?

Cheers.

No...I run tubes by means of FS9.  This is with all ORBX scenery, regional as well as Global, and in G.A. or FSX tubes and other freeware. I reserve FSX for G.A. mostly and by G.A. 3PD developers.  I don't believe that a merely more complicated or system emulated cockpit can much bring down this finding.  That is about the only difference between a commercial jet and a well-equiped turbo G.A. or business platform. I also run with custom airports, so other than NOT flying in the scenarios such as the 777, it still stands merit.

I don't believe that a merely more complicated or system emulated cockpit can much bring down this finding.

Really?

Complex aircraft can very definitely bring down performance in my experience.   I am not 'de-meriting' your findings at all, but perhaps putting some context around them.   If you are mainly flying freeware and default aircraft, I can wholly believe the high performance you are seeing, with high settings, bloom, etc.

But I don't think you'd see the same levels of performance with your high settings if you were flying for example, the PMDG NGX.

Really?

Complex aircraft can very definitely bring down performance in my experience.   I am not 'de-meriting' your findings at all, but perhaps putting some context around them.   If you are mainly flying freeware and default aircraft, I can wholly believe the high performance you are seeing, with high settings, bloom, etc.

But I don't think you'd see the same levels of performance with your high settings if you were flying for example, the PMDG NGX.

Dave, I didn't say I was flying default and freeware. I was saying that I have G.A payware, that can be as complicated as a tube, if the developer wishes so.  I choose to fly freeware TUBES....in FSX, and payware in FS9.  I find FS9 better suited for tubes.

Looks like you have a pretty good system, way beyond what was available when FSX was created

Is there a refund scenario? Seems kind of pricey for something that "might" work. (or might not)

I use DX9 only.

Dave, I didn't say I was flying default and freeware. I was saying that I have G.A payware, that can be as complicated as a tube.

Oh ok, sorry if I misunderstood, but can you tell us some of the aircraft that you're flying while seeing these great results with Bloom and high settings?

Is there a refund scenario? Seems kind of pricey for something that "might" work. (or might not)

I use DX9 only.

No refund possible. And I certainly would not buy this for something it's not made for. If you want to use DX10 and improve it, then definitely get this addon but not for a possible side effect which has yet to be acknowledged.

Oh ok, sorry if I misunderstood, but can you tell us some of the aircraft that you're flying while seeing these great results with Bloom and high settings?

Sure, the Real Air Duke Turbo,the Carenado Bonanza,the Caravan,the StationAir 6,F1's Mustang,the Mooney, one 737 that was bundled with its FS9 version,etc to five more...