Sign in to follow this  
WingZ

An Astonishing Scenery Release

Not the usual AVSIM fare, RAF Gutersloh is a fest of fine modelling from Airfield Construction Group members Manfred Schyma and Pete Beeby.

kz0k.jpg

Concurrently, John Young has released a Harrier AI pack to complement the static scenery

ptda.jpg

This was a frontline NATO base of a previous era. It was closed on the day this scenery was released!

us64.jpg

FS9 has never looked better... files are over at flightsim.com

• Upvote 1

AAAH, released at last! I have been really waiting for this release, I hope my old rig can handle this!

It can!

That's part of the amazement, it is a really complex scenery, yet folk are saying it works on older systems.

(The AI might drag it down, if you run it full-up.)

Note to self: "Older systems" might just include what I'm using!

I always think of my 7-year-old rig as state of the art for FS9.5...

It is simply stunning! It's truly incredible what a talented group of designers can put together...

slightly OT: have any of you tried the newest ACG RAF Coningsby? There's a new 2013 version of RAF Coningsby from ACG included with the latest MAIW Coningsby AI... and it is incredible as well, especially when you add in the JYAI BBMF pack...

I am not into retro AI at all, but luckily I have a couple of modern AI visiting this base.

From the MAIW Coningsby readme:

The package includes an amazing scenery rendition of RAF Coningsby by Ian McCartney of ACG, and is a direct conversion of his brilliant FSX version and is only available in this package.

Haven't installed it yet... 

JYAI BBMF pack
What's in that?

Hard to keep up with all the goodies!

I was going to write a small AI flightplan for the MGAI Airbus A332-MRTT/KC-30A Refueling Flight Model I downloaded a month ago, and still haven't gotten there!

Have visited Gutersloh, in 1998 as a guest of Miele, the prestige whitegoods company which has its headquarters and main factory there. Very prosperous community indeed. Passed the airbase only then so this is a must have. Thanks for the heads-up.

No chance that Airfield Construction Group does Russian/Soviet Airfields in former Eastern Germany, too? ^_^

By the way, how can I download this scenery (am I too tired because of my OOM problem to find the correct button on their site)? Or do I have to register first?

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

FS9 has never looked better... files are over at flightsim.com
FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 Scenery FS2004 Scenery--RAF GuterslohDownload | View ]
Name: raf_gutersloh_fs9_1.zip 
Size: 186,590,781 Date: 10-04-2013 Downloads: 874

Sorry, after the 9th test flight UGTB-OMDB I'm really a little tired... :wacko:

Many thanks, WingZ!

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

...the JYAI BBMF pack...

What's in that?

That includes the aircraft from the IWM Duxford scenery with an added Lancaster and traffic files featuring the BBMF (Battle of Britain Memorial Flight) based at RAF Coningsby. It's perfectly compatible with the MAIW ACG RAF Coningsby 2013 release out of the box, so when you download the BBMF package, there's no need to mess with the new afcad included in there.

The BBMF package is found here: http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?do=copyright&fid=161155

The man's a machine... thanks for the link.

Mmm think I'll run some tankers out of Mildenhall and Brize Norton...

Download is now available on AVSIM. It's freeware so you have nothing to lose by trying it - and you just might gain what some of us think is the best military scenery addon ever released for FS9. And you can populate it with AI from any period of its RAF operational history. Thanks to awesome contributors like Michael Pearson, John Young, Nick Black, Jake Burrus and others, you can have any era from the mid-60's up until it closed. Hunters, Canberras, Lightnings, Buccaneers, Phantoms and Harriers. Occasional visits from a Vulcan or Victor, VC10 or Hercules. NATO and USAFE visitors - F104, G91, F5, F4, A7D, Mirage III/V or F1, Alphajets. And for my good friend Harald, you could even arrange a defection of a Mig21 from the GDR!

Seriously guys - this is an amazing gift to us FS9ers ... don't miss giving it a try

Cheers

Ian