Sign in to follow this  
botfly

Gauge frozen in virtual cockpit

Hello I am having this problem and don't know if anyone is expereincing the same issue. When I fly in virtual cockpit view, the gauge seems to be frozen. I have to fix it by changing to another view and then back to the virtual cockpit view.

It doesn't happen everytime but it has occurred once or twice over the weekend. It'd be great if anyone can advice on this issue.  thanks!

Alan

The problem has to is with flying in regions without a airport nearby for tower view. Such as flying over the oceans. When you cycle views in this area you'll notice there is no tower view. And this will cause the gauges to appear frozen. The way to solve this is, do what you have been doing to un-freeze, or to eliminate it entirely, change views by using the right mouse button and selecting the view you want from the views list

Hi all,

Thanks for your reply. So it seems that it's not just me having this issue.  Will this problem be solved in a future patch?

thanks!

Hi all,

Thanks for your reply. So it seems that it's not just me having this issue.  Will this problem be solved in a future patch?

thanks!

It's a bug that's always been there in FSX, it's not something we can fix. It'll affect any airplane in the sim, not just ours and we documented this fully in the Intro manual. (which I am guessing you didn't bother to read) Don't cycle views using the A and S keys (or joystick buttons bound to them) while over the ocean. It's switching through the "Tower" view that causes this - there's not a tower for it to switch to and it causes the frozen gauges you see when you get back to the cockpit - reason is totally unknown, it's a problem in FSX's code.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I had this issue yesterday for the first time, flying over northern Canada during a step climb.  I changed to FO view then back to Pilots view.

I did not see this problem listed on PMDG's topic of outstanding issues

Rob

I had this issue yesterday for the first time, flying over northern Canada during a step climb.  I changed to FO view then back to Pilots view.

I did not see this problem listed on PMDG's topic of outstanding issues

Rob

sorry, my reply crossed with Ryan's

Rob

Rob Payne

Ryan is right: This stuff has happened with other aircraft over the years, too. PMDG code seems to be more vulnerable to it, though ( :P).

For me those gauge freezes happened most frequently in the 2D cockpit of the NGX. It's become way less of a problem (my system, milages do vary) with the VC-only T7.

Sorry Ryan for not reading the intro before posting. I never had such problem with NGX and other aircrafts before so I thought it's something new.  Anyway, I can live with the workaround.  I am enjoying the plane by the way.

• Navigate to folder C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX
  • Open Cameras.CFG (with notepad)
  • Find [CameraDefinition.007]
  • Add the line " CycleHidden=Yes " to the bottom of the CameraDefinition.007 line.

When's the last time you used tower view anyway?

I use FSrecorder for that kind of thing. Can still use the alt-menu to select the view too.

• Navigate to folder C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX
  • Open Cameras.CFG (with notepad)
  • Find [CameraDefinition.007]
  • Add the line " CycleHidden=Yes " to the bottom of the CameraDefinition.007 line.

When's the last time you used tower view anyway?

I use FSrecorder for that kind of thing. Can still use the alt-menu to select the view too.

I never use the tower.  The only view I use is the "Locked spot" view.

The problem has to is with flying in regions without a airport nearby for tower view. Such as flying over the oceans. When you cycle views in this area you'll notice there is no tower view. And this will cause the gauges to appear frozen. The way to solve this is, do what you have been doing to un-freeze, or to eliminate it entirely, change views by using the right mouse button and selecting the view you want from the views list

x2.

I spoke with Ryan when I first had this happen. This apparently is an issue with FSX and not the T7.

Do as suggested above and you should be fine.  B)

The displays freeze also - and this is NGX and 777 specific - when I open a new View. (Views --> new view)

Then, all displays freeze.

Can get them back by closing the additional view, switch my VC view to outside view and then back to VC

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------