Sign in to follow this  
NewtGS

Departure Breifing question

My appologies if this has been asked, but should I be able to initiate the departure breif by simply saying "Are you ready for the departure brief"? My understanding is that I should be able to and terminate it with "Any questions"? but this is not working for me. Or am I wrong and I need to just bring up the departure brief pannel and click the button. Everything else seems to work for the Voice activation from start to finish exept for this one thing. I am updated to 2.3 and followed the install instructions and reloaded the service pack when asked to do so. The sim runs fine.

i53570K, nvidia 660 oc, 4 gig mem, 128 gig ssd, 3 tb hd (FSX is on the 3 tb drive).

Thanks for any advice or comment (besides spell check :))

NewtGS

Thats strange because it works for me

Make sure you are saying it at the right time

The FO should reply with "No Questions"

Does the same happen when you say "Are you ready for the approach brief"?

Again make sure your saying it at the right time

See the manual on when to say it

Again it works fine for me

Well I have not tried asking for the approach brief, usually I am head down trying to enter the ILS info among other things because topcat gave me the wrong RW info and I forget. I will take a short flight and ask next time.

When I ask for the departure brief I see my words come up in the green text box but 1st officer does not reply. So I end up using buttons. Wondering if any of my other addons are affecting it. I have Ultimate Alaska scenery, REX Essential, FSX Booster and Sim Physics X, i use topcat for loadout but enter it manually except I do push the loadout into the kneeboard.

I have tried many times to ask for the departure brief to no avail, perhaps because I used a buttoned action it now expects me to all the time? Grasping at straws now I know.

Well I have not tried asking for the approach brief, usually I am head down trying to enter the ILS info among other things because topcat gave me the wrong RW info and I forget. I will take a short flight and ask next time.

When I ask for the departure brief I see my words come up in the green text box but 1st officer does not reply. So I end up using buttons. Wondering if any of my other addons are affecting it. I have Ultimate Alaska scenery, REX Essential, FSX Booster and Sim Physics X, i use topcat for loadout but enter it manually except I do push the loadout into the kneeboard.

I have tried many times to ask for the departure brief to no avail, perhaps because I used a buttoned action it now expects me to all the time? Grasping at straws now I know.

The FO's voice will come out of the right speaker.

Check your audio setup in the Control Panel.

Make sure you have a right speaker available.

That'll be the issue.

Ensure your speaker setup is set to "Stereo" if you have a Dolby setup.

At the moment , I am far away from my Flightsim stuff - so I can not check it, but isn't the phrase: "Are you ready for the Take Off Brief ?"

_______________________________________________________________________________________
Best regards / Schöne Grüße
Werner

Banner_FS2Crew_Bus4.png

For the sound I am using a headset and I do hear the FO talking througout the setup procedure, he responds to all I ask exept for the take off briefing. That said I believe what I say is "Are you ready for the departure briefing" so I will try asking what Max suggests. I know that if I am not exact in what I ask I will not get a correct response if any, but I thought I was aksing correctly however I will ask next time I am home shortly. Um wait thats right I am on my way to Anchorage at the moment from KSFO. I will try the approach breif question. I believe Max may be correct though, as I do not aks it that way. 

Thanks for the answers and when I get it right I'll post resons so we all know for sure.

NewtGS

The correct phrase is "Are you ready for the departure brief" & "Are you ready for the approach brief"

You have to make sure that you ask for it after <PF-Electrical> and <PF-Main> but BEFORE the Preflight Checklist.

If you can hear him saying everything else and he responds to any other command it's probably just an issue of timing.

Ok starting to narrow it down I know I have been random in when I ask. That was going to be my next question because he does answer me with " I'm ready for the brief" on both the departure and approach.

I have the flow sheet and have read it many times (really) but slow minds make for slow going;)

Thank you for your support I'll post again my success or failure.

NewtGS

Always remember to say "any questions" after you have given your speech

I normally say something like this
ME: "Are you ready for the departure brief"?
FO: "I'm ready for the brief"
ME: "OK so im going to fly this bird to the moon and back --- Any questions"?
FO: "No questions"

One day he will turn round and say "Yes, We dont have enough fuel for that captain"

Joking aside, just make sure you give a pause between what your saying and the "Any questions"

(I do also give a good flight brief on some flights)

Ok so is the captain suppose to go into his speech after I ask the "are you ready for the departure brief? If not all is well. If after I ask the question the captain is suppose to go into his departure brief then some thing is wrong.

I have asked after PF Main and before the pre flight cl and I have asked after the pre flight cl he always responds to me but the captain does not give his side of the brief when I ask.

So I am led to believe I give the speech and there is nothing wrong or the voice pack takes over when FO says he is ready for the brief and there is something wrong. Either way it is not a big deal if I have to push a button to start the brief.

When I tested my ability to give brief I stated to set RTO to 2 which he did not do so unless I am saying that wrong FO needs to hear the brief from CO.

I have asked if he ready for the approach brief and same thing occurs she responds to me positively but CO says nothing unless I again press the button.

I have reinstalled everything from scratch, only used fsx, pmdg737 ngx and fs2crew and tested with same results.

So I have to say thank you for the input but seems as though I give a brief FO does not listen to or I push button and CO gives his brief.

OK here is what you need to do

You can either

1: press the button to let FS2Crew give the brief

2: you give the brief

For option 1, just press the button when required and let FS2Crew do the rest

For option 2, say "Are you ready for the departure brief"?

Wait for the FO to say "I'm ready for the brief"

Then you can say your own brief in your own words

You can even say ""OK so im going to fly this bird to the moon and back"

When you have finished just say "Any Questions"?

So like I said in my last comment you need to finish with the words "Any Questions"?

Here is a sample please go and try it

You need to speak the things in red

YOU "Are you ready for the departure brief"?
FO: "I'm ready for the brief"
YOU "OK our departure time is 1500hrs zulu, taxiing to holding point 1alpha runway 25left, departure is to the north" ......(give a 2 second pause here)...... "Any Questions"?

FO: "No questions"

In short you need to say "Are you ready for the departure brief"?

This will tell FS2Crew your about to give the brief

You can say what you want at this point

You then need to finish by saying "Any questions"?

If you would like I will do a short video tomorrow to help you

Thanks but that won't be neccissary, I thought my saying "are you ready for the departure brief" that would start the AI captain start his pre recorded brief, I did not know I was to make my own brief. I feel a bit silly now.

Again thanks for all the help.

newtGS

You don't have to make a brief. You can say 'are you ready for the departure brief', the reply will be 'I'm ready for the brief', you can then immediately say 'any questions', and co-pilot will continue based on settings on the brief panel.

Ray