Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tf51d

Did BA get 777-200LR's?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Isn't that just a codeshare with AA? You used to see the same thing with Gulf air and AA on the Bahrain London KJFK route with the A340-300

Look at the code for the Oct 23, and 24th for Flight 2037 Gatwick to Orlando 777 flights, it sure looks like it. Maybe we can take the fictional off the repaint list!!

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/BAW2037/history

Tom Cain

No that's a real flight! There's a BA777 into Orlando from Gatwick every day, that's the first time I've seen the LR code though!!

Yes I know! Please look up what a codeshare is, that is likely an American Airlines 777-200 if not it is likely flight aware playing up :)

EDIT what is the actual airline code for the 777-200LR? I think I am going to keep out of this, this is more spotter territory! :)

772/L is different than 77L. I'm not all that sure what the /L means but it has something to do with the subvariant or something. The first 4 digits is the ICAO aircraft identifier ("B772").

BA don't have any 77L's, only 772 and 77W. Nor is this a codeshare flight...it is actually BA2037 operated by a BA 772.

The 777-200 base is the 772. The 777-200ER is the 77E. The 777-200LR is the 77L. The 777-200F is the 77F. The 777-300 base is 773. The 777-300ER is the 77W.

Please look up what a codeshare is, that is likely an American Airlines 777-200 if not it is likely flight aware playing up

Actually, I think it is BA operated since AA doesn't fly into/out of Gatwick. BA's 777s are based out of LGW if I remember correctly.

The 777-200 base is the 772. The 777-200ER is the 77E. The 777-200LR is the 77L. The 777-200F is the 77F. The 777-300 base is 773. The 777-300ER is the 77W.

I think you are right, Looked up what LR's are in the air right now, and it's not listed, it is listed as a 777-200. That L in the 772/L must mean something else. Never seen that code before though. Usually for BA's it's a Q

That L in the 772/L must mean something else

Perhaps it's a BA variant of their -200s with a different cabin or different equipment on board? Other than that I don't have a clue.

The /L means it's GNSS, GPS and WAAS equipped and certified to fly in RVSM airspace. /Q would indicate it has adequate RNP capabilities for the route segment it's flying.

If you are referring to ICAO codes...it's only B772, B773, B77W, and B77L...there's no 77E or 77F for ICAO, although sometimes individual airlines do use codes like that.

The /L means it's GNSS, GPS and WAAS equipped and certified to fly in RVSM airspace. /Q would indicate it has RNP capabilities.

That is really quite interesting...never knew that. Is there a list or database of those /x codes where I could find the others? I've always been curious about those.

The /L means it's GNSS, GPS and WAAS equipped and certified to fly in RVSM airspace. /Q would indicate it has adequate RNP capabilities for the route segment it's flying.

Thanks! That explains it!

Tom Cain

I think you're right; what I don't get though is that BA doesn't and never have operated the base 200, only the 200ER. Flight aware wrong I think?

Actually, I think it is BA operated since AA doesn't fly into/out of Gatwick. BA's 777s are based out of LGW if I remember correctly.

BA flies the 777 out of LHR too.

That's a "slant code" indicating navigational capabilities - a 200LR would be "B77L", not B772/L.

That I'm sure of it's a BA777 I see it at KMCO every time I pass it. It comes in around 3:30PM, there also is another one that comes in about 6:30PM (BA2039).

PHXMD-11, on 24 Oct 2013 - 12:49 PM, said:

BA flies the 777 out of LHR too.

Yep. The KBOS 777 flight goes to EGLL.

I tried to post the whole chart but doesn't seem to want to work.  So heres the link.  http://flightaware.com/about/faq_aircraft_flight_plan_suffix.rvt

/G Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS), including GPS or WAAS,
with enroute and terminal capability.

/L /G with RVSM

Equipment suffix's will not spell out what variation of a model number an aircraft is (LR, ER).  But the suffix is meant to describe the type of navigational equipment is onboard.  /L means RVSM with/G Capability which is GNSS w/GPS or WAAS.

Brian Thibodeaux

I think you're right; what I don't get though is that BA doesn't and never have operated the base 200, only the 200ER.

BA were one of the first customers and received some of the early -200's before the IGW's were introduced. These then became ER's later. All the Trent powered 777's are ER's

If it helps, I live about a mile away from EGKK and regularly se the BA 777 depart on this route. Its definitely not AA

Just like others said, it's the ER. As for the equipment code, "/Q" is no longer being used & "/L" is replacing it.

/G Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS), including GPS or WAAS,

with enroute and terminal capability.

PA28/G is my little bird!! :-P

GPS is cheating! Dead reckoning FTW!

Hehehe. I don't think our flight school has one aircraft without a GPS now! Nearly all the C172's are G1000 and one out of two Pipers are Avidyne. I'm a bit on the edge about glass cockpits and GA. Makes your life so easy on XC's and is near impossible to get really lost... But then flying steam can be fun :-P however even that Piper has GPS & Autopilot haha. AP does a rubbish job half the time in my opinion - so don't bother with it. Although my CFI said lots here do fly on them a lot more often which is a shame )-:

I've never flown a cross country flight with GPS! I do fly a super decathlon that has GPS, but not cross country. The main reason that's useful is because I spend half the time flying it upside down.