Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

maldo

pfpx pax and cargo loads

I hope I in the proper location for these question.

Im using pfpx for planning and using the ground operation to load the fuel. but do I have to load the passenger and cargo manually or the ground operation will do it for me.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

As far as I am aware you should set the ZFW through the FMC to the value calculated by PFPX, that's how I do it anyway.

As far as I am aware you should set the ZFW through the FMC to the value calculated by PFPX, that's how I do it anyway.

Interesting. I don't have PFPX, but for some reason I thought it should be the reverse?

Interesting. I don't have PFPX, but for some reason I thought it should be the reverse?

If I need a specific number of passengers and I enter that number into pfpx I will get back a zfw. When I enter the same number of passengers into the fmc I guess the passengers are weighted differently the FMC kicks back a different zfw. What I have been doing is changing my zfw to the one given to me by pfpx and the fmc removes the number of passengers necessary to make the appropriate weight. I would be curious how other people reconcile the two programs. I tend to do my flight plan before going into the cockpit, which is why I opt to do it this way. Also, I'm not sure where the baggage weight all goes to in my flight plan. I see it when I process the plan but when I print it out I do not see a separate number for baggage. Is it calculated into the zfw, but not identified as a separate weight category?  

ZFW is ZFW. Get it from PFPX and put it into the 777, or get it from the 777 and put it into PFPX. As long as they both match then carry on.

I would be curious how other people reconcile the two programs.

Easy - calculate the figure that the 777 is using for passenger weight, then edit the basic data in PFPX for adult weight. AFAIK 777 uses only one weight for passengers. Then, in PFPX you can enter the number of passengers, and it will match the FMS computation.

Best regards,

Robin.

To optain the correct ZFW, calculate one pax with 88,73 kg (according to PMDG FMS) plus cargo, if necessary, and transfer it into PFPX. For example: Full PAX result in 234 x 88,73 KG = 20764 KG (inclusive baggage!), plus empty weight 156100 KG = 176.864 KG.

Greeting

Ralf