Sign in to follow this  
rightseat

Need FSD twin recommendations for 2 for 1 offer

I've got the Commander and Porter and would like to take advantage of FSD's 2 for 1 offer. But I have no experience with twins at all, having only the default versions. I'd appreciate if someone could give me some recommendations as to which 2 twins I should get. Thanks.

Depends on what kind of plane you want I suppose. I had the Navajo Panther since before and it's excellent. Very good model and VC. This time I went with the Porter and Seneca. I didn't get the Aerostar because it's a bit fast and doesn't have the short-field capability that I want. Just took the Seneca for a flight over Wales (still waiting for the Porter link) and I like it a lot. VC is not quite as clear as the Navajo though - the Aerostar is a newer FS model which would mean it's probably a bit more detailed.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

I would agree with Jimmy, although you can't go wrong with any of them. The Navajo is amazing, although it is a little harder on framerates. The Seneca is great. Probably one of my favorite planes in flightsim, and it is a little better on frames. The Aerostar is very good too. A little different kind of plane.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

I'm partial to the Ho myself since I drive one in the real world.. My only complaint was the lack of an RMI, which I added myself, and the POH has an approach speed thats insanely high compared to the real world.

"you can't go wrong with any of them"Indeed. I'd just like to add that the Seneca VC is by no means "bad". It's still one of the better VC's I've seen. But if you zoom in really close to a gauge it's a little fuzzy. On the other hand, sim framerate as well as gauge update speed are better with the Seneca so if you have a slower system that's definitely something to consider.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest _patrol_

"The Navajo is amazing, although it is a little harder on framerates."CraigHave you tried the DXT textures for the Navajo? They're available at the FSD site and should help your FPS, if you're not using them already.David

I own the same two aircraft, the Porter and the Commander, but the others don't ineterest me right now.For those of you who don't have the Porter or the Commander, I think they are both great aicraft and quite fun to fly. Before I bought the Porter, I had their old freeware version, I think it was for MSFS2000, and got it to work in MSFS2004. Their 2D Panel was awesome for the time. Kind of looked hokey in 2004 version, which meant I finally broke down and purchased the newer one. Glad I did, and was not dissapointed in the least.Regards,Joe

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

Arrggggghhhhh.....I just saw a thread where they are making a Cessna 337.I drooled over that aircraft at Oshkosh over the years at Airventure.A company does conversions on those, and man they are one sweet aircraft. Useful Load, looks, twin props, front & rear. etc.... I can't remember the name of the company that did those things, but man, were they awesome looking.Looks like I may want to grab that one when it comes out. We'll see.Regards,Joe

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

The 337 is so ugly it actually looks attractive :)Chances are the FSD promotion will have expired by the time they release it though. But you can always wait until the very last day before ordering to make sure...

MSFS / XP

I have the Seneca and the Cheyenne. Both are top quality.The Seneca is good upgrade from the default Baron, and the Cheyenne from the Kingair.Both are very easy to handfly and have good virtual cockpits.(the one in the Seneca is nicer, the one in the Cheyenne is more complete)Both have also very nice virtual cabins.Guy

Where is the offer .. the 2 for 1? Links please.I didn't see it in their home page.hmmm...

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

the offer is mentioned in the support forum, here is a direct link to the thread http://www.fsd-international.com/dc/dcboar...g_id=5927&page= I'm really gutted as i allready have all their aircraft, so i can't take advantage of the offer. They do 6 aircraft at the present, i would recomend buying three of them, then you will get the other 3 free and you don't need to worry about missing out :) if i could have only 2 i would go for the Porter and Aerostar. the must have plane is the Portot though i rekon.

Guest JimC1702

I took advantage of FSD's offer. Since I already had the Navajo, I picked up the Seneca V and then got the Commander as a freebie. Took just over an hour to get the email for the second plane. I'm glad I took advantage of this offer, the Seneca is absolutely great. Like someone posted above, it's what the default Baron should have been. I see the Commander as what the default Mooney could/should have been, a quick, retractable gear, small single.Thanks FSD!Jim

Thanks Guys,I just downloaded the Seneca V.About the other aircraft.. how long can I wait before I request for it? any ideas?:)

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter