Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

P3d V2 - looking great!

Then, X-Plane 10 gives me a plausible World with a lot less of investment in time ( tweaking and installing ) and money, gives me the chance to fly rotary wing without having to use external flight models, and the interaction of a well designed aircraft with the surrounding elements is still more realistic to me in X-Plane than even in the best situations I was able to capture in MSFS.

The reality of the situation......IS..... X-Plane developers do need "more" money. You can easily see that need, when you read various statements from XP developers. Therefor, for XP to become what many want.......just start investing in more payware. It's just an unfortunate economic reality. Besides, I recently bought a XP payware aircraft (on sale), and don't even have a CPU to run it on......yet.

Having said that scrolling to the top this would appear to be a forum to exchange information and views (good or bad) on X-Plane.

True, but I, and certainly many of you, are open-minded simmers, right?

There was never no harm, at least to me, in reading comments, even comparisons, between what I use / like, and what others use / like. I really menat what I wrote on my OP - the fog looks great - indeed better than how it looks in X-Plane 10 presently, but I know that, as I also wrote, while I find weather depiction very important in a flight simulator, it is more important to me to have good flight dynamics, overall physics modelling as a matter of fact.

Just as it is right now, and that's why I have adopted it for good, X-Plane 10 is indeed ahead of MSFS's platform in terms of the possibilities it offers to model more diverse and complex flight models, including aircraft types that can't even be correctly modeled in MSFS / P3D.

Now, we know that P3D v2 has probably turned the link with external flight modeling easier. It already existed in MSFS through simconnect, etc... ELITE is using Prepar3d visuals on some of their FNPTs, with their proprietary flight and systems modelling doing the hardest part of the work...

Some aircraft, like the Q-400 by Majestic Software already use that approach - they run their FDM externally. Probably some limitations imposed by this type of approach will be relaxed in P3D v2 - that will be good! But!!!! But the fact is, and what actually matters at least to me, is that in X-Plane 10 I already have the chance to do it all inside of the sim, using it's own tools, which are a LOT more powerful than any flight dynamics editor available ( publicly ) for  MSFS...

And... as I have pointed out many times, X-Plane's core is in constant development itself, something we can not say of either FSX or P3D...

So, although I decided to give that compliment to how P3D v2 is looking, and to the fact that for FSX users with lots of money spent on their add-ons, will probably be able to port most of it into P3D v2, which is great, I, myself, am very happy with the choice I've made, after more than 1,5 yrs experimenting with various platforms - I chose X-Plane 10, and most probably it's successors, and I am now even more convinced that I did the best choice!

@LAdamson: You're absolutely right regarding us X-Plane users to have to start supporting our 3pds. That's why I also decided to concentrate ** only ** in X-Plane 10. Have been buying add-ons for it only, and, as posted before, instead of an upgrade to the P3D v1.4 license I own, and no longer use ( actually since I had to re-install FSX to use PMDG's 777, which I also no longer use since I am not using FSX anymore... a true waste I know... but I had to make a choice...) instead of that license upgrade, as I was saying, I will buy Sky Maxx Extreme as soon as it becomes available, and the FF 757, and the NEO A330 already announced when it get's available...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

First, fog can be very still air. In the video, I could sense and see the left drift, as the Maule picked up air speed. And then I could sense and feel the right leg muscles pushing right rudder pedal to correct the nose back to the centerline.

Really? From when it leaves the tarmac at 0:38 to when there's an editing jump at about 1:15 I can't see the compass reading or rudders move an inch. All I see is elevation change. Can you point out the changes I'm missing?

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Yes, here it comes. Note that certain posts that have even mentioned a banned subject have disappeared, no matter whether they were 'pro' or 'con.' :excl:

Hey! seriously, where is my last post? I just said that somebody's foot will be coming down on Murmur....did not talk about the forbitten subject....Bill do you care to explain?

Yes, here it comes. Note that certain posts that have even mentioned a banned subject have disappeared, no matter whether they were 'pro' or 'con.' :excl:

Jepers! It's the Cops!! (Raises hands and turns around slowly)

You'se' got nuttin on me, Copper!!!  :lol:

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Alain, your post was hidden because you chose to quote -in full- that which discussed/mention the banned subject. Simply that.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Alain, your post was hidden because you chose to quote -in full- that which discussed/mention the banned subject. Simply that.

Haaa! Ok Bill, I do understand now, my bad, I'll be more careful next time (still, my post was funny).

Really? From when it leaves the tarmac at 0:38 to when there's an editing jump at about 1:15 I can't see the compass reading or rudders move an inch. All I see is elevation change. Can you point out the changes I'm missing?

Keeping my eye, more consitantly on the pedal action, this time.......their was definiatly some pedal jabbing there. You can see the yaw in the ball, and the directional gyro does move. But.......my RV would have had more right rudder displacement in the climb. The "Maule" could be lacking to a degree there. As to the directional gyro reading, there is nothing wrong with it remaining on the heading. That's what we try to do, until we want to change heading. If you turn your head around, the runway should stay straight behind you.

FWIW--- I really could detect and feel the need to oppose the left drift forces and do what it takes to stay on the centerline of the runway. That action was well depicted, as the nose pulled to the left, after throttle was applied and airspeed increased. At best, it could use some more right rudder requirement. Just don't be rolling to the left.

XP10 is looking great too, we have had volumetric fog and shadows for quite some time now, all rendered on a 560ti...you don't need a new GTX780 video card to enjoy these two goodies,

I've been reading from the "other v2 sim" that in order to have these two options enabled you many need a top_of_the_line vid. Who knows, we will see.

Can't wait for 10.30 and alpilotx magic!

RW!

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Of course we already have, in X-plane 10, not ** only ** volumetric fog, but also, volumetric clouds!

We have various types of rain, an their effects on the aircraft structure, specially if hail!...

We have the effects of topography on winds, when flying over the hills...

We have the chance to do this:

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

*Shudder* Those houses look like they were randomly placed by a toddler.......  :P

I tried XPX's fog effects... like them better with Jspahns textures.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I thought X-Plane 10 had volumetric clouds and fog

Of course we both know it has :-)

But, I wasn't being ironic either... I was, rather, showing a thumbs up to P3D users for getting the chance to see in v2 what we have in X-plane and MS FLIGHT users have there too.

I am actually glad that P3D v2 can become yet another good flight simulator. I do not intend to use it, for the reasons I have exposed more than once, but it's good to have options, and competition. It makes the devs try to do even better on each new version or update, it helps us users to get more attention / dedication from them - not saying we do not have that from LR or some of the best 3pds for our platform.

My OP was meant as a compliment for our fellow simmers who use P3D and were expecting, anxiously, as much as we are expecting what 10.30 and following versions of X-Plane 10 will bring us, the latest news about the upcoming v2. I think they all have good reasons to feel glad, and that's great! They had their Christmas gift before us :-)  since we still do not have X-Plane 10.30 or SyMAXX Extreme ;-)

Main Simulation Rig:

My OP was meant as a compliment for our fellow simmers who use P3D and were expecting, anxiously, as much as we are expecting what 10.30 and following versions of X-Plane 10 will bring us, the latest news about the upcoming v2.

Um... O.K.  I guess what confused me was your comment, "I want this in X-Plane 10!!!!!"  Why would you ask for a feature that X-Plane 10 already has?  It would be like P3D adding blade-element theory and you saying, "I want that, too!"  That's why I was asking if you were being deliberately ironic.

And if your intent was to compliment P3D users on their shiny new toy then why did you post it here instead of the P3D forum?

Can anyone who has the beta comment on frame rates and compatibility of AI aircraft, such as FAIB, AIA, and TFS models?