Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

P3d V2 - looking great!

And if your intent was to compliment P3D users on their shiny new toy then why did you post it here instead of the P3D forum?

That would probably had been a better option, I agree :-/

OTOH, in fact we do not have exactly the fog P3D v2 users will have!  We have that terrible "curtain effect" and a Moon and other objects that can be seen accross it - not good, not nice! 

I know this is planned for 10.30, I believe... but I really want it fixed!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

That would probably had been a better option, I agree :-/

OTOH, in fact we do not have exactly the fog P3D v2 users will have!  We have that terrible "curtain effect" and a Moon and other objects that can be seen accross it - not good, not nice! 

I know this is planned for 10.30, I believe... but I really want it fixed!

And the fact that we are hopefully not separate armed camps, but people together with a shared interest.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

And the fact that we are hopefully not separate armed camps, but people together with a shared interest.

+1

Thx Devon, for understanding :-)

That's how I actually think .....

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Very much so! BTW-- I'd like some fantastic Alaska scenery. I had plenty of Alaska type mountains around here to fly over, but not the remoteness of Alaska. I don't care if it's X-Plane, P3D, or FSX. I never really tried Flight. It's just a want, a kind of bucket list. I kind of hate the term bucket list about as much as plauseable. :smile: I just want to keep my options open, and not artificially limit them.

I neither have FSX or P3D and have no interest in either of them. For the last few years though I have and use XP8 XP9 and now XP10. This is the reason I am in the Xplane forum and not to be updated on how to install FSX or how fantastic all the others are. Our shared interest is flight simulation, true, but this the XPlane forum.

Hope this didn't come across as confrontational, just giving voice to my thoughts on the subject.

Regards

OTOH I did see blurries and considerable stuttering in that video, with default scenery and a default plane. Will be interesting to see how a complex addon and full ORBX scenery performs...

You know those stutters are likely the result of the Video clip software and Youtube rather than the actual in sim rendering.

The videos of flight that I have made on my cutting edge system also show stutters that are completely absent in the glassy smooth simulation.

This Sim is the future based its backwards compatibility with FSX. Its dead certainty!

I my opinion this spell the end of X-Plane, FSX and every other contender out there! AeroflyFS etc.

The whole Fight Simulation landscape is about to have a cataclysmic change in the next few days!

And that is just the beginning.

Wow!  A P3D developer in the X-Plane forums who knows everything about P3D and how well it will do!  

If I told you how many times words to that effect have been uttered in the last 20 years, you may be surprised.  And X-Plane is STILL around.

I my opinion this spell the end of X-Plane, FSX and every other contender out there! AeroflyFS etc.

The whole Fight Simulation landscape is about to have a cataclysmic change in the next few days!

And that is just the beginning.

Oh yeah, a graphics update giving functions already becoming standard in other platforms crowbarring them into a 32-bit platform will kill the 64bit platforms. Yes, the clouds look pretty, the fog is good and the shadows are a definite move forward. That's good, and please enjoy those, but saying that signals the death of every other option is, erm, laughable.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

P3D benefits from the momentum of tons of FSX devs incorporating the platform into their development cycle, and making their products compatible with minimal effort(ideally).

XPX has never had that advantage, and probably will continue to slowly build 3 party dev support.  And a rabidly loyal fanbase of odd-balls(of which I am one).

In other words, there will be no change, everything will stay as it is, this is just like console launch wars, 3 years later nothing is changed, all the major players and their respective fan-boys are still around.

Competition is good for all of us. If P3D v.2.0 is as good as I hope it is, it will raise the bar a bit and we might just see X-Plane 10 improve a bit faster. The better one sim becomes, the more the other sim developer is motivated to catch up or stay ahead (depending how you look at it).

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE