Sign in to follow this  
alpilotx

X-Plane 10 HD Mesh Scenery v2 RELEASED

gheed,

Sorry I missed the earlier reply and thanks for your expanation. The photoscenery I use is the commercial set that covers England & Wales and has a 10m mesh resolution. Is there no way I can improve on that do you know please?

Thank you.  Releasing this for free is just nuts!

Only 10 hrs left for my Minnesota tile!

Thanks :-) ! And yes, I am - somtimes - nuts ... but it feels OK ;)

And guys, I have now also added links to some of the larger torrent collections on my download page! I hope this helps to further improve the situation. And thanks for all, who have helped to bring the torrents online (you took this additional burden off my shoulders wink.png)!

Thank you very much for creating this. Definitely moves X-plane up a notch for me!

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Why not distribute the files as a torrent? Then people can easily choose what parts they want and it will be way faster and free. In the torrent description you can leave a donation link or similiar :)

Thanks whoever this link came from...  I've got a few of the files that were going real quick (PNW USA, US Great Lakes center)  seeing those and getting socal and MN slowly but surely

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/350e2t0iynpm7a5/7NLxsHR-2d

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Sure I'm just the messenger though haha. I think the popular tiles are going pretty fast (Europe, US cities residing in a tile like Chicago, Seattle, New York - unfortunately not LA argh).

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Talking of the popular tiles, Europe +40 +000 was one of the first torrents to go up and is just fantastic. Took a flight from Nice to Aix les Bains last night and found my jaw constantly hitting the floor. When I get my new card and skymaxx as well I think I'm gonna have to increase my health insurance.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Took a flight from Nice to Aix les Bains last night and found my jaw constantly hitting the floor. When I get my new card and skymaxx as well I think I'm gonna have to increase my health insurance.

I know how you feel B)  ... even though there are regions on the planet, where not even HD Mesh can really help a lot (flat with almost uniform landclass data and little other topographic features ...) but in other regions it can (and yes, even I am surprised every now or then).

I guess the reason for this is simple: Being connected to one server for many hours is affected if your Internet connection is disturbed in this time. As flightsim.com does not allow to continue paused or interrupted downloads, you need to start again and hope it stays stable.

Pretty much water under the bridge at this point since they're all available as torrents now, but flightsim.com does allow paused and interrupted downloads... but not if you're downloading using any of regular browsers.

The program I used, the download was interrupted half a dozen times, but after each one I was able to resume it. I just confirmed that the final downloaded file unzipped just fine.

Blimey, I downloaded 6 sections from the torrent's, around 5 gigs and I left it seeding overnight.   It's still seeding at around 3MB/s and already has done 80gb….

I will let it go for a little while longer so some people are making use of the torrents.  Would be great if they were all available.

I would seed  one or two TB but I am not getting it from fs.com at those speeds.

Still not got quite all of them but getting there and seeding as much as I can. Just amazing though. Still on the same Europe tile, just having so much fun around the Swiss Alps:

BUT....

Will be very happy to see some seasonal textures eventually...

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea