Sign in to follow this  

Autogen popping up or not? Make my day!

Thanks for the info. Funnily enough I was mainly thinking about upgrading to a GTX780 because I want those buildings and trees shadows LOL…! What happens if you turn them on? Fps drops a lot or a little?

I'll get a comparison up for you, hang on.

Aamir Thacker

Okay, so, just ran the test, difference is extremely obvious. 

Without Terrain, Building and Foliage shadows: 45FPS

With Terrain, Building and Foliage shadows: 19FPS

Settings:

11069577376_87e3556d79_o.jpg

11069644193_47ba1aa40e_o.jpg

Shadows as I have them set:
11069643083_d6ca02ee5c_o.jpg

11069622626_dd716b5aca_o.jpg

All shadows on:
11069576116_bfb9716c4f_o.jpg

11069677864_041a911c9f_o.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope this answers your question! :)

Aamir Thacker

Thanks for the info and all the screenshots!!! I like your settings LOL!

This evening I noticed that I can enable Vegetation and Buildings (Cast only) and still get good performance with autogen at Very dense. That's with Shadows at Medium. I also use a lot lower water settings than you do. But after seeing what I can get with my GTX80 after some fooling around, I do believe a GTX780 will really improve things even further!

BTW I turned FXAA off today which really improved the graphics: FXAA only blurres everything. MSAA is far more important (I have that one also at 8x). You might want to give that a try too.

I do believe a GTX780 will really improve things even further!

Ah that's a given  :P

BTW I turned FXAA off today which really improved the graphics: FXAA only blurres everything. MSAA is far more important (I have that one also at 8x). You might want to give that a try too.

I'll give that a try tomorrow, thanks!  ^_^

I like your settings LOL!

Realistically though, once Aerosoft's Airbus X Extended comes out and I get FTXG loaded up, I'll probably turn down the settings so I get 30FPS no matter what.

Probably turn it down even more for the PMDG birds, if I want to squeeze in some AI.

Fingers crossed, anyway..

Aamir Thacker

Yes it is an improvement, but where is the 'alpha fade' that has been mentioned on many occasions?  Maybe it didn't make it to the release version.

I've had it confirmed from LM that the alpha fade of autogen was left out due to performance issues.

I've had it confirmed from LM that the alpha fade of autogen was left out due to performance issues.

But they could leave the option to choose or not.. To our desire! I don't understand why the didn't.

Do you want to see heavy popup scenary? Pick the F35.. put it full power.. fly. YOu will see heavy pop ups and also some autogen in the sky.

Javier Rollon. Owner of JRollon Planes for Xplane

The nice thing about a good TV is that you can make a custom profile for it. I have tuned colors, gamma, contrast and sharpness on the TV after tuning the settings in P3D, and use SONY's motionflow tech to get a smoother image. I just press one button on my remote and I'm in flight sim nirvana, then pus the button again when I return to ordinary Windows usage. I really like FXAA, and it costs little in terms of fps.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Yep, trees does look better, but buildings act almost the same.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987!