Sign in to follow this  
Stormtrooper

Any R/C fans?

I used to race around my post in Korea with R/C Trucks back in the day. (90-91) Parent hood has since restricted my hobby, but i hope to get back into it soon. This time with R/C helos

Tamiya Bigfoot painted as the CUCV my platoon was assigned.

RCTruck.jpg

Heavy into R/C until 20 years ago. Quarter scale, 120 4 cycles on 55" ARFs for racing, and 30-60 size helicopters. Then I built a full size Van's RV6A, and flew the mountain west, with my wife in the right seat. A lot of enjoyable time. Now, I'm back to R/C and electrics this time. Recently went to the Boeing plant, where they glue the 787 parts together......so I feel right at home.

Bought a few little electric choppers . A real swash plate for collective and cyclic, and $49-89 depending on a transmitter or not. The price even includes built in solid state gyros to help with control. Amazing, what they cram into very small packages these days.

Was into that some time ago together with my father, but when we moved from the countryside to Vienna, I had to give that up, since it's quite hard to find a place where you can (legally) use those quite heavy and fast machines with their noisy combustion engines - trust me, people here don't really like this kind of hobby. And where I live right now, there is no easy way to get the fuel (and spare parts, when I needed them), so sadly I don't drive my RC car anymore.

Besides, racing around on some sandy or muddy ground is much more fun than on asphalt roads :)

I am interested in discovering RC helicopters.

What is the AVSIM of the RC world?

EDIT: 

While I am asking, what is the AVSIM of the car racing simulation world?

PingPong:

RC Forums has been the most informative for me.  The web address is:  www.rcgroups.com.

I fly all electric planes and helios, have for several years.  Flying RC has been a very nice adjunct to sim flight.

Danny

Danny

I race 1/8 scale nitro on road R/C cars.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I flew electric rc planes some years ago when the transition was just turning from gas. The technology and performance these days are phenominal. Tower Hobbies used to have a pretty comprehensive selection of just about everything.