Sign in to follow this  
ricka47

AI Traffic Options

I'm a long-time user of MyTraffic and just bought the FSX to P3D upgrade.  But, I found out that the installer in the upgrade does not work in 2.0 and it may not be fixed until April. (I don't have a 1.4 installation that I can move to 2.0)  I can wait, but wonder if there are any other traffic programs that work well in 2.0?

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

Ultimate Traffic 2 works with P3D v2.  But the jury is still out on the "well". FPS is not a problem but traffic generation doesn't seem as controllable as FSX. 

Mario Di Lauro

I would be interested in know about this too.

I have read a few mixed things about UT2 in P3d2 and will dig deeper. I used it in FSX and will be hard to live without seeing those con trails on the routes.

To bad that the developer has really given up on UT2 development but I guess it can't last forever....dang it.

Sounds like the WOAI users are doing ok.

Hey Rick, buddy we live in the same town! Small world. - Friend request sent - :)

Rob

"Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it"

I would be interested in know about this too.

I have read a few mixed things about UT2 in P3d2 and will dig deeper. I used it in FSX and will be hard to live without seeing those con trails on the routes.

To bad that the developer has really given up on UT2 development but I guess it can't last forever....dang it.

Sounds like the WOAI users are doing ok.

Hey Rick, buddy we live in the same town! Small world. - Friend request sent - :)

Small world - small town!

Rick Abshier

I'm using WOAI and it works fine.

To install you just make a fake fs9.exe in your P3D directory and then point the installer there. Once it's done you go to the "aircraft" folder it made and move all the WOA files inside to the "simobjects/airplanes" folder. Everything else is already going to be in the correct place. 

Does WOAI fly proper routes? I have always wanted to convert to WOAI and that is a question I always had.

Small world - small town!

Yeah I think if we started a Flying club we maybe the only ones at the meetings. :)

Rob

I've never tried WOAI but have used MyTraffic and UT2.  I guess what keeps me from WOAI is sheer laziness since I understand that it requires a number of downloads and installation of individual packages?

Rick Abshier

Hey Rick -off subject but -Did you hear JV over at Orbx said they may be doing some updates to Florida inside of Global. Maybe then North Florida will not look sooo bad.

Rob

Does WOAI fly proper routes? I have always wanted to convert to WOAI and that is a question I always had.

Yeah I think if we started a Flying club we maybe the only ones at the meetings. :)

Yes. WOAI uses real world schedules for everything.

Yes. WOAI uses real world schedules for everything.

Nice - I'm in!! I downloaded the whole pack a while back.

Thanks for the help!

Rob

Nice - I'm in!! I downloaded the whole pack a while back.

Thanks for the help!

I don't think he was clear enough.  WOAI flies real world schedules, but they do not fly real navigational routes (like UT2 does).

Well, they just released a paint and schedules update about 2 weeks ago.  If you were referring to getting converted to P3D than no - no Flight1 product is getting ported to P3D.

Well, they just released a paint and schedules update about 2 weeks ago. If you were referring to getting converted to P3D than no - no Flight1 product is getting ported to P3D.

Well shiver me timbers - I was over there not too long ago and missed that. Last schedule update I had was a year old. I had given up on seeing anything new from him. Will have to go back and check it out.

Don't get me wrong either - I was not knocking UT2. He has been helpful to me in the past - just thought he was out of the developing it anymore. And saw he said no plans for P3D - which excluded me.

And yes - I prefer the route option.

Rob

And yes - I prefer the route option.

Since you liked UT2 that is what I was thinking and that is why I chimed in B)   I bought UT2 because the performance hit of WoAI was just too high and I'm really enjoying UT2 - it has really got me big into AI when I never thought I'd care that much.

Here is a link to the update: http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=ut2f2013

I'm using WOAI and it works fine.

To install you just make a fake fs9.exe in your P3D directory and then point the installer there. Once it's done you go to the "aircraft" folder it made and move all the WOA files inside to the "simobjects/airplanes" folder. Everything else is already going to be in the correct place. 

Actually Bonchie, there an easer way! Make a fake fsx.exe in your P3D directory, and in the installer, pick the FSX option. When it pops up the search dialog, select the dropdown for FSX and point it to the exe. That's it - everything is automatic from that point on (no need to do any more file copies).

Actually Bonchie, there an easer way! Make a fake fsx.exe in your P3D directory, and in the installer, pick the FSX option. When it pops up the search dialog, select the dropdown for FSX and point it to the exe. That's it - everything is automatic from that point on (no need to do any more file copies).

Tried that and it didn't work for me.